Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • range Cookers
  • brassneck

What better place to ask, eh?

Looking for a 90cm, all electric range cooker – any recommendations, warnings, places to shop etc? I obviously don’t get the final say, but a shortlist will be helpful!

Harry_the_Spider

I’ve got a Range Master with a gas hob, my sister has one with an induction hob.

I can’t fault mine and I’ve not heard of any issues with her’s either.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Rangemaster is the only choice.

daveh
    Free Member

We have a Rangemaster Induction. Hobs are great (though repeatedly boiling something then turning off isn’t really the same as simmering), ovens are OK, grill is a bit pants (control is poor). The grill went pop at just over 2 years old – on the plus side it uses the same cheap parts as everything else so the fix only cost £15, on the otherhand the cooker was very expensive considering it contains the same cheap parts as everything else, you pay heavily for the style. If a stainless steel range would be OK I’d be looking at the German stuff.

footflaps

Ours is Leisure, 15 years old and still in perfect working order, had to change the oven element a couple of years back, but other than that faultless and looks pretty new.

nemesis
    Free Member

I’ve just moved into a house with one which I don’t particularly like – I’m struggling to see the point of the small oven compared to the double oven I used to have as it’s too narrow to fit normal baking tins/trays in.

woody74

We had a 110 Rangemaster Leisure and it was absolutely rubbish. Considering it cost around £1200 within 5 years 2 fans needed replacing in the oven, the door latch broke and the main timer clock stopped working. What made it worse was that Rangemaster could not supply a replacement clock that would actually fit. There so called replacement was about 5mm out of alignment with the hole in the front of the cooker. Eneded up having to get an electrician to hot wire it to by pass the clock/timer.

I would look for something with better build quality. I think for the price Rangemasters are rip off.

brassneck

God, it’s worse than bikes 🙂

igm

Rangemaster gas hob / electric oven here.

If you go all electric do check the cooker circuit’s rating – two ovens and five or six rings plus a grill take a lot of juice.
    Our house was ok if we’d gone down that route, but only just.

footflaps

We had a 110 Rangemaster Leisure

Same here, 15 years old and faultless…

midlifecrashes

An Orange5, Thule 591, Wingbars and an A6 Avant. 😆

If the paymaster does have expensive tastes, don’t let them see a Mercury. It’s the boss. Don’t make them in 900 though.
    ebay Mercury Induction range cooker

brassneck

If you go all electric do check the cooker circuit’s rating – two ovens and five or six rings plus a grill take a lot of juice.
    Our house was ok if we’d gone down that route, but only just.

All right on that score, Dads a recently retired sparky 🙂

brassneck

If the paymaster does have expensive tastes, don’t let them see a Mercury. It’s the boss. Don’t make them in 900 though.
    ebay Mercury Induction range cooker

:-O

Could buy a bike for that!

iolo
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2 oven Aga. It was in the house when I bought it.
    Get one instead of the Range.
    I love it.

jfletch
    Free Member

Could buy a bike for that!

At least they look OK.

Most rangemasters either look very twee and faux farmhouse or like they have come straight from a utalitarian transport cafe kitchen.

The wife wants one, I am resisting. Gas on glass is infinitely preferable.

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

Rangemaster professional deluxe user here.

All electric – including induction hob. Induction is all its cracked up to be – very impressive!

And yes please check your electrics before committing – and make an allowance for some recabling works.

TM

richc
    Free Member

Got a Range master Elan 110 induction and had it for a few years, looks like a cooker tbh and just works which is all I wanted. So likes it as it looks nice and works as it should.

Only thing to note is its quicker to boil a hob kettle than the electric countertop one

Rubber_Buccaneer

I have a Rangemaster 90 can’t remember the model, it’s all stainless with a black top. Electric ovens & grill, gas hob. It looks good and works fine other than the grill control isn’t great and only has one height that is sometimes too close to the elements. The build quality wasn’t as good as I expected though, nothing is quite square. Not the end of the world but I was a little disappointed when I fitted it and had to spend plenty of time making it look like it was straight.

munrobiker
    Free Member

We have an all gas Rangemaster installed in 1997. It’s good, we’ve only just moved in and are not used to the gas cooker yet but are very glad to have a gas hob back. If I were getting one myself I’d got for an electric oven with gas hob, but I haven’t tried induction.

Very happy with it. Seems very well built.

brassneck

I’ve got a 2 oven Aga. It was in the house when I bought it.
    Get one instead of the Range.
    I love it.

Not sure they do all electric Aga’s and I’m not paying to run one even if they do! Certainly won’t get 400Kg up the first stairs without a fight (the house is a funny layout).

90cm fits the design unfortunately so that’s what I’m going with, and gas is a non starter (no mains, not paying for cylinders) .. oil Aga would also blow the budget unfortunately as that would have been nice.

craigxxl
    Free Member

Rangemaster 110 all gas about 12 year old. It has been really good just had to replace the Flame Safety Device in the main oven which a £30 part and easy to replace. Also had to replace one of the drawer rollers but that was due to the ape that yanked it open. The drawer roller was a pain to fit.

wwpaddler
    Free Member

We acquired a Rangemaster Toledo XT (110) with gas hob and electric oven when we bought our house. I would actively avoid buying another.

Gas hob – impossible to simmer – everything boils over
    Plate warmer thing doesn’t work
    55cm ovens – some baking trays don’t fit
    The grill pan hanging off the oven door inside the oven is stupid, useless and annoys me every time I use it. Uneven heat distribution, poor temperature control, grill handle regularly disengages from the grill pan unless you are really careful so your dinner goes on the floor – just use an oven glove now.
    why do you need 6/7 different oven settings – just unnecessarily complicated.

robfury
    Free Member

We got a stoves range last year it’s been brilliant. Only issues was it shut down when we turned oven upto max to crisp up belly pork and it shut off after a while. Way cheaper than range master and looks more modern

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘range Cookers’ is closed to new replies.