Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Random Strava Kudos
  • Gotama
    Free Member

Anyone else getting random strava kudos votes? Both today and last week I seem to have picked up kudos from two different people I’ve never heard of. It’s just on my commute as well so whilst I’m happy to accept I’m awesome over that 18 mile stretch there seems no logical basis for it. Haven’t followed them but based on their activity they seem to be reasonably regular cyclists.

jam-bo

Roberto gaveretti?

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

I get occasional kudos from some hipster looking roadie from California.

allthepies
    Free Member

<likes>

uselesshippy
    Free Member

People fishing for followers and likes for themselves. I don’t understand it, but.

whitestone
    Free Member

There was a thread earlier this year about similar random kudos. I think someone found a way to hack Strava’s API and spam people with “false” kudos clicks.

I’ve had a couple of “requests to follow” recently from people I’ve never heard of from places I’ve never been but they could be the real names of someone on a forum. After checking their profile it would appear that they’ve done very little riding so just ignore them.

bruneep

Hiya

Gotama
    Free Member

I suspect hippy is closest as these appear to be genuine users and relatively local to me. Maybe I smashed past them at such a pace on the way in they felt the need to hunt me down. 😀

Marcus Brueton from Epsom and Matt Ross who appears to be a member of Mole Valley Wheelers, again local.

jekkyl

are you a member of any large strava groups?

Gotama
    Free Member

Nope.

CraigW
    Free Member

I like to check the flybys, and give kudos to anyone I passed on the ride.

sirromj

Doesn’t bother me, can be interesting sometimes to look at some randomer’s rides/photos from the other side of the world. Though quite often are kudos/follower whores.

Blackflag
    Free Member

There does seem to be a real need in some people for validation via social sites. I always feel a bit sorry for them cos when you really do need your friends i suspect facebook et al will fail you.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Random Strava Kudos’ is closed to new replies.