Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • Random questions that drift into your head while watching the news…
  • binners

I’ll start…

I wonder how many jihadists have died by giving their position away, loudly shouting ‘ALLAHU AKBAAAAAAAAAR!!!!!

Yours….

binners

I don’t know the answer, by the way.

I’m going with… a lot!

bikebouy
    Free Member

When it comes to Fiona Bruce, I often wonder if she’s wearing …………

😛

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bearnecessities

..a suicide vest?

binners

😆

clodhopper
    Free Member

‘How many idiots are taken in by this painfully obvious unimpartial and blatantly biased reporting?’

At least one on this thread, already… 😆

nickc

Of MPs being “interviewed” by TV news reporters..:

why don’t you ask a question, rather than lead them to say what they want?
    Why haven’t you done any research?
    why are not asking him/her questions they can’t answer with patronising guff
    why are you letting him/her answer with patronising guff…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

What if they’d been desperately searching for Alan’s Snack Bar and someone misheard it?

binners

jekkyl

Why do they hand over to someone ‘on the scene’ long after ‘the thing’ that happened has finished or the office of the person who did ‘the thing’ has closed. They cannot tell you any more what happened than if they were standing next to you.

MoreCashThanDash

Not Fiona Bruce. Too skinny and snooty for my taste.

binners

Oh, I’ve got another one….

Are North Face jackets absolutely compulsory when reporting on any floods, or high winds in the UK? Are BBC reporters actually issued with them? Like a uniform?

nickc

ah, North Face are so yesterday, Rab is where it’s at for the go getter reporter on the up these days…

onehundredthidiot

Today it was “why do they bother interviewing gove and then report on the interview?”

cranberry
    Free Member

Why don’t they ask the anti-runway campaigners if they have flown somewhere nice for their holidays recently ?

ratherbeintobago

Seeing as binners mentioned jihadis, why was the news making a big deal out of European jihadi escapes from Mosul when I’d have thought it would be reasonably likely that anyone found by the peshmerga who isn’t an Iraqi Arab or Kurd will be shot out of hand?

fifeandy
    Free Member

If Stephen Dixon is the most irritating news presenter that ever lived.

maccruiskeen

Why do political reporters do all their reporting from a lawn across the road from Westminster? I can sort of understand why a weather reporter would be sent to stand outside but is political news somehow fresher if its reported in the open air?

maccruiskeen

Today it was “why do they bother interviewing gove and then report on the interview?”

My brother’s ex once recorded a radio interview with William Hague and didn’t realise til the end that she hadn’t pressed record. She was about to apologise and ask him to do it again…. then she decided she’d rather pretend she hadn’t noticed til he’d gone a’s she couldn’t bear the tedium of listening to him twice. We need more of that sort of spirit in journalism!

cranberry
    Free Member

Why exactly are we “going live” to somewhere where something happened some hours ago/might happen some hours in the future/hasn’t actually happened thought it was thought it might have ?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Autumnwatch..

Chris & Michaela, seem to have an endless supply of fashionable outdoor wear, never wear the same thing twice and often 9.3 layers.. y’know cos it’s cold like.

Which brings me on to Michaela.. is she wearing……. under that lot?

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Kamal Ahmed and Robert Peston, WHY and HOW

chewkw
    Free Member

Channel 4 newscasters being drama queen/king by presenting the news with upward inflection/intonation …

jekkyl

that stupid one late evening on the bbc news channel where the presenter pretends to press a big button on a supposedly touch screen TV. called ‘in touch’ or some such NONSENSE!
    or where that other other guy presents the bbc news from singapore (or somewhere) with a funny accent where he sounds irrepressibly annoyingly chirpy and includes lots of ‘foreign’ news (lol) that is completely irrelevant.

Harry_the_Spider

I like it on 5=LIVE when they interview some Herbert who didn’t actually see what the reporter was there to report on.

So tell me Dwight, what was your view of the mass shooting?

Errr… I wasn’t in The Mall, I just came out to see why the crowds were here.[/i]

dannyh
    Free Member

Not Fiona Bruce. Too skinny and snooty for my taste.

Posh women who talk dirty, though………. you know what I mean?

Not that I’m insinuating she would ever talk dirty 😳

dannyh
    Free Member

On a more serious note, the thing that immediately makes me switch the telly or radio off is when the reporter then asks the correspondent what they think. Yep, they are having to interview each other about their opinions because they haven’t got anything more tangible to go on. I don’t give a shit what the correspondent thinks, they are there to report the news, not make it up by speculating!

dannyh
    Free Member

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J-xjPKnH9rc[/video]

bikebouy
    Free Member

Never wear green whilst reciting the cue card..

btbb
    Free Member

Why the need to show out of focus library clips of a classroom for educational stories, or in focus shots of shoes in a corridor? We all know what a school is like and a fuzzy clip doesn’t help!

chewkw
    Free Member

jekkyl – Member
    or where that other other guy presents the bbc news from singapore (or somewhere) with a funny accent where he sounds irrepressibly annoyingly chirpy and includes lots of ‘foreign’ news (lol) that is completely irrelevant.

I quite like that international news for quick summary of news from my part of the world but I don’t trust them.

That’s the Filipino bloke Rico Hizon and I think they have some new persons presenting as well.

maxtorque

If “referendums” are the new way of deciding the UKs political direction, what actual is the point of our politicians???

northernerindevon

bikebouy – Member
    When it comes to Fiona Bruce, I often wonder if she’s wearing …………

Indeed sir, indeed – but more so Sophie Raworth…….

willard

The question I ask myself most when watching the news is “honestly, how the fsck did we elect this shower of idiots?”

slowoldman

“When does the news programme start”?

atlaz
    Free Member

Why do political reporters do all their reporting from a lawn across the road from Westminster? I can sort of understand why a weather reporter would be sent to stand outside but is political news somehow fresher if its reported in the open air?

This is my question about 95% of outside broadcasts.

Weather – no need for OB unless the report is about what the weather is like RIGHT there, RIGHT now. Which it rarely is except in terrible conditions where they want TV like in the gif.
    Politics – surely they can go indoors to interview a politician. Reporting on the day in westminster standing outside parliament doesn’t bring anything to the table
    General news – as above but even more stupid. I lost track of the number of times I saw camera crews in a car park at a Heathrow hotel by the runway reporting on generic holiday related news. The proximity of the runway made it harder to do the news, not more pertinent.
    Sports news – Standing outside empty stadium reporting on new team signing/sacking/whatever. Understand it if they’ve been there for a press conf but otherwise, idiotic.

If the BBC (and other channels) want to save money, surely rather than closing radio stations etc, they’d be better advised to just cut a load of their outside broadcasts.

Nico
    Free Member

Autumnwatch..

Chris & Michaela, seem to have an endless supply of fashionable outdoor wear, never wear the same thing twice and often 9.3 layers.. y’know cos it’s cold like.

Not true. Michaela was wearing a sap green quilted jacket through at least 3 seasons of <season>watch. I know ‘cos Nicorette was scouring the shops for ages trying to find one like it. Now she’s got one and Michaela has finally changed and got a red quilted jacket.

slowoldman

y’know cos it’s cold like.

They did both admit last night to not liking the cold much.

franksinatra

A lot of ‘off the record’ chats happen on the lawn outside parliament so I can see the merit of a political reporter being in that general area to get first hand views and opinions from those closer to the action

I struggle when they interview Barry outside Greggs on Skelmersdale High Street on what his view is on interest rates or economic downturn. I couldn’t give a toss what Barry thinks.

stewartc
    Free Member

Why do we never hear about the unorganised crime gangs and their hilarious mishaps?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘Random questions that drift into your head while watching the news…’ is closed to new replies.