Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Random question of the day: are you allowed to just shoot and skin deer?
  • Northwind

allthegear – Member

Mind you, I remember being on a small boat / dinghy with a couple of (male) friends who decided to do some fishing until they actually caught something and brought it into the boat. Never seen such a pair of useless killers! Did it myself before the poor thing asphyxiated…

Rachel

I didn’t know you were in the Inbetweeners!

allthegear
    Free Member

Northland – it was almost the exact same scenario – except these two were grown men in their 30’s and 40’s!!

And it was near Stavanger, not South England, so the fish was edible…

Rachel

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Lesson – keep your business quiet..

Says dbcooper 🙂

dbcooper
    Free Member

Do you know who I am or where I live? This is not quite the same.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

No one knows where you are

dbcooper
    Free Member

Ha ha did it take that long to google my user name?

cheekyboy
    Free Member

the best way to hunt deer is on a clear moonlit night in your underpants, Ive never actually done this but I do think it would be preferable to poncing about with a big gun.

lemonysam
    Free Member

the best way to hunt deer is on a clear moonlit night in your underpants

You must have generously proportioned underpants.

Speshpaul

Does the moonlight shine through the Y front gap?

slowoldman

I looked out of the window one morning to see the neighbour slaughtering and skinning a goat in the street.

Mind you, this was in Saudi.

alpin
    Free Member

used to live below Wharncliffe and regularly saw deer crossing the A6102 Oughti’ – Stocksbridge road early in morning – signs went up advising drivers to be aware and the deer disappeared … not completely but definitely reduced in areas near the road and herds in more remote parts of the woods smaller

^^ reminded me of this:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFCrJleggrI[/video]

alpin
    Free Member

when out in Oz we were fishing on the coast somewhere near Margaret River. at some point some lads turned up with a dead kangaroo they had hit, some rope and a few canisters. they proceeded to butcher this roo on the rock, the blood running down into the sea. they took a leg and tied it to a canister and tied the other end of the rope to a big ring set into the rock. after about five minutes four bloody great sharks (may have “only” been 2-3m, but was enough to put me off going for a swim that day.

TooTall
    Free Member

Other than it sounding as if he’s doing things in the wrong order, perfectly fine.
    A good friend of mine is part of a strictly controlled and licensed wildlife management team on MoD land. He has a beat that he is responsible for, he has a certain number of a certain age and gender that he can take during the season. He grallochs them, takes them home and either sells on to a licensed game dealer (butcher) or hangs them in the meat locker in the corner of his garage. A week or so later he then skins and butchers the carcasses, turning that lovely meat into lovely food or freezer content.
    If we butchered with the garage door open, his neighbours were a bit perturbed but there’s nothing wrong in it.

rosscopeco
    Free Member

alpin…awesome audio from the good old USA!

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Random question of the day: are you allowed to just shoot and skin deer?’ is closed to new replies.