Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Random monday morning question…
  • AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

Why do people leave the little metal cover on the butter? I just cant work it out, to me its just annoying but so many people ive come across seem to do it… I mean i the plastic tubs of butter when you get it new they have a little foil cover over and people seem to like to open it halfway and leave it on so that when you need to get some butter you have to take plastic lid off and then also the metal foil? What benefit does it have? Must be something as various previous flatmates and friends and people at work do it…

weeksy

that’s not butter… and should never ever ever be consumed

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

well whatever it is same question applies

binners

because then it remains as one single piece of totally pointless packaging, raping the worlds resources, instead of two. And thus easier to dispose of.

Those metal foil peal-off things, once separated from the plastic mother ship, can blow away and butterflies can choke on them

Harry_the_Spider

The wife does that. Lucky for her we don’t need a new patio.

alexpalacefan

Mrs APF does that too. I just pull it off and bin it.
    Why? GOK!

APF

DezB
    Free Member

It’s like double-glazing for the “butter”. Keeps it fresh longer.
    (Maybe)

cheekyboy
    Free Member

In Oldham we have a likkle man who come around once a week to take em away, hes from Miggleton and collects bokkle tops too !

Harry_the_Spider

Most people from Miggy do that.

Does he have an arm or leg in plaster? I have noticed that approx 80% of The Shuffling Dead in Miggy Arndale do.

trail_rat
    Free Member

the mrs does it drives me nuts at times – yogurt , soft cheese , cottage cheese, sour cream the lot ….not butter though – the butter lives in the butter dish so it doesnt get flavoured from the other stuff in the fridge.

if it has a film AND a cap – both are retained till i get hold of it .

Harry_the_Spider

Cardboard off a 4 pack of yoghurt still in the fridge when there is only 1 yoghurt left.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Most people from Miggy do that.

Does he have an arm or leg in plaster? I have noticed that approx 80% of The Shuffling Dead in Miggy Arndale do.

Thats a very scary place, nearly as depressing as The Spindles

binners

Ah, yes. The joy that is The Spindles…

Would anyone notice if it wasn’t?

sbob
    Free Member

weeksy – Member

that’s not butter… and should never ever ever be consumed

Correct, and for your first bonus question on butter;

In which common kitchen appliance would the mentally deficient keep their butter?

🙂

bearnecessities

In which common kitchen appliance would the mentally deficient keep their butter?

Kettle.

kayak23

Never mind the foil wraper, (although I agree that is lazy and careless not to remove it as it impedes proper access) what I am advocating is a whole new approach to ‘margarine-loading’.

I think most of us just lay our margarine tubs down horizontally and just go at the product without much care or thought as to how best to achieve what we are trying to achieve.

I have developed a much better way of accessing the product which I am advocating through the use of visual aids and other media as shown below.

Entry to the tub is achieved much more efficiently if the tub is on-end. The angle that the spreading implement is introduced is not impeded by the tub sides and a better loading of product can be achieved. This also has the great benefit of preserving the beautiful virgin poured surface from the original manufacturer.

It’s a bit revolutionary I know, but try it…

rogerthecat
    Free Member

It’s jars of hot drink powder – chocolate, coffee, etc in our house – Mrs Cat punches a hole in them, leaving a raggedy tinfoil mess. This causes huge wastage as every subsequent spoon has its contents raked by the foil curtains flicking various grade powders all over the kitchen work surfaces. It take several goes to get a spoonful from the jar into the mug and can shave up to a minute off time available to ride!! 😯

binners

rogerthecat – You’re more tolerant than me fella. At the very least that would be grounds for divorce. More than likely it’d be a new patio.

psling
    Free Member

Shheeshh, don’t you guys have household staff to deal with such matters?

alexpalacefan

“Cardboard off a 4 pack of yoghurt still in the fridge when there is only 1 yoghurt left.”

Aaargh!

APF

samuri
    Free Member

“Cardboard off a 4 pack of yoghurt still in the fridge when there is only 1 yoghurt left.”

Aaargh

You’ve not got teenage kids have you? I regularly find just the cardboard left in the fridge after the last pot has been used. 😉

thepurist

sbob – and that is why they now make imitation, fake, pretend ‘spreads’ that are almost but not quite totally unlike butter and have to be kept in said appliance.

officialtob
    Free Member

Mrs Cat punches a hole in them, leaving a raggedy tinfoil mess

Agreed – possibly THE most irritating thing in the entire world. Especially when you then have to wipe up said mess, adding yet another unnecessary step into the coffee making process.

Cougar

Someone at work punches holes in the foil caps of our milk bottles. My suggestion of CCTV and machine gun nests has so far gone unheeded by HR.

But more annoying than that, is this. Some people leave butter, or butter substitute of the “I’d Have To Be A Total Plank To Think This Is Not Butter” type, in the fridge. Some other people think it’s acceptable to help themselves to other people’s food (to wit, ‘it’s only a bit of butter’) in this manner.

I bought a tub of yellow gloop, which I’ve used three times. Came to use some last week to find the tub was empty. So not only have people helped themselves so often that I’ve got three “servings” out of the entire tub, they’ve put the gods damned empty tub back in the fridge. What in the actual swearfilteravoidance did they think they were doing? So not only do I not have any butter, I didn’t know it’d run out so I could have replaced it. ARGH!

M1llh0use
    Free Member

tinfoil MUST be left on all containers otherwise the aliens know what the contents are thinking!!!

same reason i wear a tinfoil hat! 😉

bigyinn
    Free Member

Had similar issues it my old place of work. The solution? Fridge removed and nobody could store food at work. Once again the arseholes cause everyone else grief!

For those moaning about having to deal with foil curtains, I’ve got a suggestion for you. REMOVE THE PROTECTIVE FOIL!!! Go on be a man about it. That way you save time and waste less powder. Or am I thinking about this too logically?

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

well of course i remove it whenever i discover such atrocities, it just confuses me why its done in the first place, thought there must be a reason…

decky
    Free Member

just be careful,you might end up with http://youtu.be/-K4cEocL5kI

TheBrick
    Free Member

kayak23 – Member
    Never mind the foil wraper, (although I agree that is lazy and careless not to remove it as it impedes proper access) what I am advocating is a whole new approach to ‘margarine-loading’.

YESSSS! I do this too. Keep taking from the one small area improving cleanliness! I had to train my girlfriend to do this too.

Also who else giggled when they saw a post about butter by someone names anus?

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Random monday morning question…’ is closed to new replies.