Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Random kite question
  • toppers3933
    Free Member

I’m thinking of selling my flexi rage 2.5 and getting a revolution stunt kite instead. Anyone done that or got both a revolution and a foil and care to give me an idea of which they prefer.
    Cheers.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Different things. A quiet hour in the park working on skills or being dragged round the beach on a windy day.
    Like comparing Downhill with XC.
    Keep em both, unless you don’t use the Rage. I’m going to be getting a foil to try tp regain some upper body strength.

badllama
    Free Member

I’ve a big delta I do photography from 🙂

Cougar

I’d keep both, as Eddie said. The Rev is superb.

toppers3933
    Free Member

I’d love to keep both but can’t really afford to. One out one in has been my kite rule for a while now. Ever since the kite plague of 2007 when It got a bit out of hand. 😀

TiRed

Revolution 1.5# is a super kite that is so rewarding to fly – even poorly like me. Two line kites are fun and I have (ahem) a few including the original flexifoils that I stack. But for flying satisfaction it’s Rev of a big single line kit for me these days.

#I started on a Rev 2, but this is fast and quite fussy about wind conditions. The Rev 1 is too big, so Revolution settled on the 1.5 and it is a great kite.

toppers3933
    Free Member

Think I’ll probably flog the rage and get a Rev. As much as I like the foil I think it’s time for something different. Which Rev is the best to start with?

TiRed

Rev 1.5 SLE is the all-rounder. Wish I started with it. The 2 is not a beginner’s kite. I’ve not flown the shockwave kites.

Cougar

Incidentally, this thread from last week may be of interest:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/should-i-buy-a-kite-if-so-what-should-i-buy

(if only for the Rev video CZ posted.)

toppers3933
    Free Member

That thread is the inspiration for this thread, the video in particular. 🙂

CountZero

😀

toppers3933
    Free Member

It’s gits like you who will be the death of me. 🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

theres part of me thinking much the same as you topper after watching that vid on the other thread.

I just dont get my Rage 2.5 out enough. But pratting about with a more agile orientated kite is attractive. How much do you reckon we can get for excellent condition Rages?

toppers3933
    Free Member

I genuinely don’t know. I’d like to think £75 ish. Mine been real well looked after. Any dirt etc cleaned off it, put away carefully etc. it’s still crispy for goodness sakes.

castanea
    Free Member

Interested in the Rage 2.5 that you are looking to move on. Drop me an email when you decide to sell. Cheers

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Random kite question’ is closed to new replies.