Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 172 total)
  • random famous people where you least expect them
  • anklebiter101
    Free Member

Almost quite literally bumped into Alan Sugar on the Campagnolo stand at the Cycle show last year at the NEC.
    He’s a lot shorter than I expected, and he was dressed like a market trader, but he was chatting to one of the reps and he sounded like he knew his stuff…

neilthewheel

Little and Large at Paddington Station, c.1988.

I once directed Joan Collins to the ladies’ lavatories..

philbert31
    Free Member

William Roache in Boydells toy shop bolton when I was a kid, although given recent allegations I’m not sure if that is a good or bad thing?

hora
    Free Member

The OH was mightly unimpressed that I didnt ask for my picture or something!

When I lived in London I made a habit of not even raising an eyebrow.

Who was I with at Peaslake a few years ago when Eric Clapton scraped the front end of his new Ferrari? 🙁

Sancho
    Free Member

slept rough with Jenny Agutter too, just next to Tower Bridge as part of a charity do.

irelanst
    Free Member

I had a pee next to Richey Edwards from the Manics in the Leadmill a few days before he went missing, I don’t think the two incidents were related.

I was in a hotel jacuzzi when Danii Minogue sauntered over and got in, I like to think she looked disappointed when my wife got in a few minutes later.

Cougar

Jerry Sadowitz supping al fresco at a coffee shop in, uh, Edinburgh I think. Was perfectly happy to pose for a photo for me, nice chap.

banks
    Free Member

Craig cash is awesome – no actor just plays himself. The royal family lot used to always come murilo’s & sit at table 21. Caroline aherne can put away the drink! Almost rivals Andre the giant.

Sarah Harding from girls aloud was another regular – always ordered steak, chips & veg & demolish the lot!

My aunty adopted Finley Quaye – is probably the best one : ) wouldn’t expect him to be in the shed building geetars.

Guy garvey in Tempe bar but he’s looks the part – suppose it would be unusual if saw him in Ann summers

hora
    Free Member

Jerry Sadowitz

I used to see him all the time in/around the O2 at Finchley road London. He’d had a good run of his own show on Channel 5 before it had been cancelled- thought he was ace on that. Cutting, quite short with guests.

Everytime I saw him in the street he literally looked like he was going to expire of depression!

Bregante

Christopher Eccleston in Barney’s chippy in Urmston (he was filming)

Christopher Eccleston in Worsley Woods (jogging)

Matthew Rhys asked me for directions on holiday in padstow last year.

George Best in the bogs at Old Trafford Cricket Ground about 20 years ago. My drunk mate insisted on shaking his hand despite George being too tired and emotional to wash his.

Once sat on a train coming back from London opposite John Cooper Clarke. He stunk of wee.

zbonty

Stood next to Hooky from New Order listening to records in Black Market, Soho. Not that unexpected really, given his job.

Another pop related one. Carol Decker and Ronnie wotsit from 80s pop band T’Pau came round our house in about ’87. My sister had their posters up at the time so was a bit excited. They bought the house as it happened.

camo16
    Free Member

I was in a hotel jacuzzi when Danii Minogue sauntered over and got in

You clearly live in my fantasy world. 😉

dan77
    Free Member

Rolf Harris eating a burger king at fleet services!

flippinheckler
    Free Member

I once directed Joan Collins to the ladies’ lavatories..

Did she have to do many takes before she got there once you shouted action!

HughStew

Lots of encounters on the train. Most notably Michael Portillo, whom I’ve ended up sitting next to or opposite on numerous times – we’re almost on Christmas Card terms now.

I was walking around in London years ago and noticed Portillo just ahead of me. A white van passed, screeched to a halt, a load of lads leant out and in unison shouted “WA..ER!!”, accompanied by appropriate gestures, and then sped off.

I looked at him, he sighed wearily, “Happens all the time” he said and went on his way.

Saw him 2 weeks later at the opera with one of his “nephews”. he recognised me – pretty impressive memory.

hora
    Free Member

with one of his “nephews”

I wish he’d stood for the party leadership but something stopped him didn’t it?

Not particularly because I thought he’d be a fantastic Tory Leader and/or Prime Minister just the whispers/phobia angle at the time.

molgrips
    Free Member

Sat opposite Pete Postlethwaite on a train once.

Also, in a nondescript department store in LA (think Debenhams) I turned round and almost bumped into Tom Jones and his wife.

wysiwyg
    Free Member

Eric Clapton shooting the other month, and err some massive wall of and american b-grade actor in a hotel at the NEC many years ago.

Frank Gallaghers missus and that jarvis cocker at LBS

molgrips
    Free Member

Living in Cardiff I’ve seen plenty of international rugby players wandering around the shops. Many of whom are quite incredibly large.

numbnut
    Free Member

Geoff Hurst in the local M&S.
    Had a game of pool with Gazza in a pub in Cheshunt.
    Once handed a paper to Ozzie Ardilis on my paper round.
    Met Henry Cooper coming out of a local bookies and he shook my hand (he had very big hands)
    Bumped in to Pat Jennings quit regularly (another one with big hands).
    Stephen Hawking at Duxford RAF museum.

lasty
    Free Member

Introduced to Kevin Schwantz in the late 80s when we were organising a children in need do – took us all (20 or so..) for a beer in Redgate lodge afterward. Top bloke ..

Errrm – think I saw Kimi Raikkonen in Richomnd park about an hour ago, not 100% but he seemed to be attracting a lot of attention ..

nicko74

slept rough with Jenny Agutter too

Sounds like the intro to some dirty anecdote or other… 😉

Saw Richard Madeley at a pub in Herts one lunchtime. Don’t think it was that unusual a location though

poolman
    Free Member

Princess Di in Richmond Park in a red Mercedes convertible, she was on her own & I was on my bike, up near Roehampton Gate.

Brian Moore having a greasy spoon breakfast one Saturday morning in Hampton Wick, he was on his own, maybe it was part of his pre match carbo load.

skink2020

I sat next to Craig Cash at a Tom Waits gig in Edinburgh. Cashy gets about a bit.

richardk
    Free Member

Patrick Moore – back street pavement in Plymouth (I nearly ran him over because I was riding on said pavement)
    Liz Hurley – Tesco in Cirencester (unexpected because I’d have expected her to be in Waitrose). I had just been biking, so was clad in woolly hat, mud and warm-down trousers (ahem, shellsuit…). No idea why she didn’t drop that Warne bloke immediately…

Cougar

Another pop related one. Carol Decker and Ronnie wotsit from 80s pop band T’Pau came round our house in about ’87.

Ronnie Rogers was in a pub I was drinking in a few weeks ago.

Wasn’t all that surprising as I’d tickets to see them in the venue across the road that night. Shook his hand after the gig, top bloke.

I used to see him all the time in/around the O2 at Finchley road London. He’d had a good run of his own show on Channel 5 before it had been cancelled- thought he was ace on that. Cutting, quite short with guests.

I think he was slightly surprised that someone recognised him. I was addicted to the late night Just For Laughs (Montreal Comedy Festival) show and he was a regular on there.

wallop

Dr Alice Roberts in the garden centre a few weeks ago.

priceyboy
    Free Member

Alice Cooper buying cheap trainers at Sports Direct in the Bullring, Birmingham

woody21
    Free Member

Phil Oakey in Sheffield – let him pull out in front of me a junction. Although that is his home turf

milky1980
    Free Member

Got a call from my sister one night a few years ago as she wanted a lift home from the pub (raining hard), got there and she got in the back of my Ka only for Katherine Jenkins to get in beside me!! Apparently I failed to look cool, calm and collected 😆

tonyg2003 – Also bumped into Harrison Ford and Calista Flockhart on the Brecon Canal too, he asked me where the nearest decent pub was as he was getting the barge down through Llangynidr locks – sent him to the Coach and Horses then text my mate who (unbeknown to me) organised a mass invasion of the place. I carried on my ride!!

jon1973
    Free Member

When I was at uni, I did some clay pigeon shooting once and got a lift to the range with with Danny Kendall from Grange Hill. I did my best not to come over as too star-struck. Apparently he was actually quite good friends with Mr Bronson in real life.

mrmoofo

Stephen Henry – Frankfurt Marriott years ago . In the bar and had a beer with us all.
    Sam Torrence – in my brother in laws kitchen. I asked him what he did for a living
    Jim Kerr – in an elevator in a hotel in Kensington. He was trying to buy Celtic FC at the time, and I had also just read some gossip that Patsy Kensit has said he was hung like a horse . Couldn’t work out which of hose to talk about
    Michael; Schumacher – the International Confectionery exhibition in Koln. He was on the Dandy stand – and nobody was talking to him …
    Sporty Spice – business lounge Zurich. Sat next to me – I noticed the crap tattoos first …
    Patsy Palmer , walking her dog passed my front door
    Jimmy Somerville – in my local butchers . Wearing a badly fitting cycle helmet. In the the butchers.

WTF
    Free Member

Both food related.

Taggart (Mark McManus),now deceased, buying chips in local chippy.
    Bruce Anstey eating an ice cream ,I was looking more at ice cream tbh thinking that I wanted one until I realised who it was.

seavers
    Free Member

Ainsley Harriot… getting a coffee from the machine at our photo studio. Apparently he was there for a shoot but no one tells me anything.

tomhoward

Oh yeah, I sold Geoff Hoon a Raleigh Rave BSO in Halfords (for his son) when he was the defence secretary.

hora
    Free Member

Cougar hes always looked the same though. I think the C5 ‘The Jerry Sadowitz show’ only had a very very short run.

I loved him/seemed genuinely gritty/pissed off whereas alot of comedians affect this to be ‘cool’ (that posh comedian **** from Brighton for one)

skiboy
    Free Member

Penny from GMTV in pizza express Oxford few weeks ago , no longer a milf 🙁

Dominic diamond in angry Annie’s a small restaurant in Barbados in 2002,

Eric cantona on the patio in Le St Geran in Mauritius in 2001,

Some woman from casualty in a pub in herts last week

And some bloke called Dave Cameron at a pub near chequers last summer ,

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Jordan and Peter Andre at Heathrow – they’re tiny!

totalshell

nicole kidman rented the house next door for a month.. arrived by helicopter on friday evenings.. left sunday tea time.. didnt pop round for sugar..

my dad once famously invited an old guy home for the BBQ they’d met down the marina whilst messing with his boat.. peter stringfellow.. did nt bring a plus one..

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 172 total)

The topic ‘random famous people where you least expect them’ is closed to new replies.