Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Random chest pains months after big off
  • dogthomson

I had a reasonably big off some 4 or so months ago where I ended up over the bars which then 'dug in' between the ground and my chest. Other than a bit of a limp after the top tube or saddle smacked into my cocyx (sp?) I walked away from it and felt fine after some rest.

The thing is over the last 2-3 weeks I keep getting stabbing pains in the right side of my chest. These seem to be totally random, and not associated with any particular stretch or movement.

I guess I should probably see a doctor, but I feel daft going about something I did months ago, particularly as I was okay at the time.

What would you do? Awaiting MTFU…

PJay
    Free Member

I don't think that there's any 'probably' about it, going to the doctor sounds like a pretty good idea to me. If you need convincing you could always give NHS Direct a ring and see what they suggest, but my guess would be that they'll suggest that you go too.

trumplesneaker
    Free Member

You mave cracked a rib or done muscle damage, it has those symptoms and goes on for months

singlespeedstu

Rib damage for sure.

I perscribe a big handfull of MTFU and a few beer to sort out any problems.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Could be any number of things. Go to the doc.

LoveTubs
    Free Member

Be very surprised if it's serious pathology, keep us informed… I'm putting money on thoracic (perhaps refering in) or sternocostal …assuming there's no Frac or ecg issues??

Be very intereted to here how it all goes for you 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Random chest pains months after big off’ is closed to new replies.