Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Ramsbottom massive which way?
  • craig5

Ok so I have master Watson back fro a visit tomorrow. I’m thinking of going up the opposites side of the valley to peel tower after the usual sections, then riding up out of irwell vale. Which is the preferred way to get up to Cowpe Lowe? I I’m thinking of going up sand beds lane and coming down the rosesendale way to coal road. Then down Bamford road or a cheeky across Harden Moor. Which way is the best decent? I have not ventured out this side before, so what is the consensus. If anybody is out they are welcome to join us (show us the way). We are going to finish at the irewll for a pint obviously.

big_n_daft
    Free Member

From irwell vale up hardsough lane, left at main road, bear right at lights then turn right just before the quarryman, up steep hill bear right then follow to gin croft, take the left for Michael Wife Lane. Trudge up the road and head up the top via coal road then either do waugh’s well or top turbine. Play at Cragg Quarry. Come down via sand beds, Michael wife and fisherman’s retreat via the Plane Tree

craig5

Cheers big n daft, any other descents worthy of checking out that will be worthy in in these biblical conditions?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    big_n_daft
    Free Member

From fisherman’s take the bridleway up the sleep climb behind marshals quarry then down to the lights

big_n_daft
    Free Member

From lights go left along road past garden centre take the lane on the right, bear right at the bottom, over stile, across field, cross the Mway bridge then take the path that bears left down Jacobs Ladder aka “the steps of doom”

masterwatson2000
    Free Member

This all looks magic @craig5! Got plenty to go at there. If we only fit in one of these descents, which would you go for, which is the prime descent @bigndaft?

Anyone else out there Rammy locals who can help our worthy cause?

craig5

Steps of doom! I like that. Good shout big n daft. ” Left at the lights” are these the lights that take you down into rammy? So we come down off the bridelway to the lights then left and the garden centre being the spot on the left, a lit till bit further up the road (A56) going out towards the hotel and the motorway? The steps of doom take us down to the river yes?

big_n_daft
    Free Member

craig5, you have it right, look for the footpath sign for the lane

masterwatson, in these conditions if you can get up to the turbines the Sand Beds/ Gin Croft/ Micheal Wife/ Fishermans

there is an alternative bit after Michael Wife but it’s too hard to describe

craig5

Cheers for that fella, not sure about the Michael wife bit but we will make it work. Thanks agiain

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Ramsbottom massive which way?’ is closed to new replies.