Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 186 total)
  • Rampaaaage
  • Crell
    Free Member

A “Liger”, a “Wedda” – It’s like watching the really wild show or Johnny Morris.

lucien

Steve77 – Member
    Every time someone eats it on that canyon gap a lone guy in a T shirt with Fire written on it jogs over as if someone crashing there was completely unpredictable.

POSTED 1 MINUTE AGO # REPORT-POST

He cant really do anything, as he needs the National Guard

Northwind

Steve77 – Member

Every time someone eats it on that canyon gap a lone guy in a T shirt with Fire written on it jogs over as if someone crashing there was completely unpredictable.

They should probably have a paramedic there, instead of a fireman. Or a national guardsman.

Edit- DAMN YOU!

remoterob
    Free Member

Freeride competition*

*please note, all riders are contractually obliged to hit trademarked features.

mikey74
    Free Member

The US Fire Department has it’s own Emergency Medical Services Division.

JCL
    Free Member

Polaris Razor.

What ever riders needs.

leffeboy

Lacondeguy looked so pumped up climbing back up his next run is going to be scary

Northwind

mikey74 – Member

The US Fire Department has it’s own Emergency Medical Services Division.

I know, but it’s funnier to suggest the riders might burst into flames.

pk13

No cans of red bull push into the riders hands after the run .

remoterob
    Free Member

I think the heat he was carrying slowed down his flow

swhoward

Is it just me but saying each rider is ‘out of’ wherever they live is really annoying.

Crell
    Free Member

Hucking and hoping!

chvck
    Free Member

Yeah, I’m kind of scared to watch his second run

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Razor

RZR

Oakley must be spitting fire. Or haven’t paid their bills.

JCL
    Free Member

“His resume is steep!”

lucien

Do you think AL might suffer from “short man syndrome” – he looked positively dwarf like walking back up the hill next to all the other competitors?

Crell
    Free Member

Is it just me but saying each rider is ‘out of’ wherever they live is really annoying.

There’s a lot more being said that falls in to that category than just that!

letmetalktomark

Does need more Warner.

JCL
    Free Member

Do you think AL might suffer from “short man syndrome” – he looked positively dwarf like walking back up the hill next to all the other competitors?

I’ve seen him acting like a right knob on a couple of occasions so yeah probably.

ashyuk
    Free Member

Are they piping the dramatic music onto the mountain?

AlexSimon

That drop-in at the top that Kyle Strait just did is just unbelievable.

Tom-B
    Free Member

^It looks almost as steep as the weirwolf drop on FTD

JCL
    Free Member

That drop-in at the top that Kyle Strait just did is just unbelievable

His first run was the best of the day for me.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Are they piping the dramatic music onto the mountain?

Have they just started that, or did I not notice it before?

Coyote
    Free Member

“Made the trip down north”???

eckinspain
    Free Member

No more Lacondeguy? I’m off to bed

letmetalktomark

When was Lacondeguy’s first run?

Had a queue scan but couldn’t find it 😳

Rorschach
    Free Member

Like to see em try the ‘wolf drop’ on ftd…..that’d sort em oot.
    Edit-Nooooooooooooooo……denied.The shame of it 😳

Markie
    Free Member

I Know it’s not right, but I feel kinda cheated that Lacondeguy isn’t doing a second run – though totally the right decision from his pov!

Also, that national guard commercial was worth a glass or two just by itself…

Tom-B
    Free Member

Yep me too, I’d guess that the best action has happened.

Goodnight chaps, it’s been a most enjoyable thread 🙂

remoterob
    Free Member

Lacondeguy must’ve strained his bike hole popping that first run out

pk13

More balls than Wimbledon.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Stayed and watched the awards, not quite the same being handed a small can of redbull instead of the usual bottle of champagne.

rockhopper70

Mmmmm…must be my age…I didn’t see why 2nd and below were so close on points and the winner soooooo far ahead. It was a good run, but to win by a country mile like that must leave the other competitors pretty disillusioned.

Northwind

Yeah, I thought he had a great run and definitely a contender but it didn’t feel 5 points ahead.

Cool event but I didn’t feel like it kicked off this year, the last but one was an amazing event, last year was good too and had that feeling of craziness from the wind, this one not so much

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It was a good run, but to win by a country mile like that must leave the other competitors pretty disillusioned.

His helmet sponsors must be happy, though.

jambalaya
    Free Member

When was Lacondeguy’s first run?

Had a queue scan but couldn’t find it

Earlier 😉 he was a little over half way through the running order I recall

I have to admit I took a view and only watched the fist runs as he scored 95 and I didnt think it would be beaten. Tried to get some brownie points by only watching mtb for 1hr instead of 2+ !

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Had to be on the replay as the 5am start was out, still tense and still great viewing.
    I though the difference for me was Lacondeguy just nailed it all, the others could probably have picked up one more trick/drop/style/massive balls points along the way.

Fair play for not running the 2nd run, I guess he didn’t see how he could have improved without a level of risk that was too great.

Good effort from Fairclough but as was said the racers need to throw some more tricks out there.

And on the coming short on the canyon gap – at least if your backflipping you don’t have as much time to think about hitting the lip.

chakaping
    Free Member

I think Andreu’s gopro footage shows how fast, clean and big his run was – which wasn’t obvious from the live footage TBH.

There wasn’t really a wasted moment or any mistakes, so I’d agree he deserved it despite others maybe riding some more difficult lines or doing more spectacular tricks.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkzJ7CRS89s[/video]

As to the scoring, was it worth 5 point more than Zink and the others? I’ve no idea but how did the judges know that nobody was really going to pull out a significantly better second run though?

joefm

Yeah, if Zinks run was 88, Lacondreguys run deserved much more I felt.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 186 total)

The topic ‘Rampaaaage’ is closed to new replies.