Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ramblers and mountain bikers, it's not all bad news.
  • Mountain biker crashes. Ramblers to the rescue.
    From the description of the location, this was probably on one of the few bridleways in the Wyre Forest.

http://www.kidderminstershuttle.co.uk/news/10481926.Ramblers_come_to_biker_s_rescue/?ref=ms

poonprice
    Free Member

Saw the Air Ambulance circling for ages and wondered what had happened.

Poor guy, hope he’s fixed soon. Still not entirely sure how he got so out of control to land where it sounds like he did.

Wyre’s taking some casualties lately including myself, 7 weeks into a broken collarbone that shows little sign of fixing. 🙁

cakefacesmallblock

Still can’t figure out exactly where he crashed, but to land on concrete was unlucky. Hope he’s on the mend, real soon.
    You too, Poonproce.

scaredypants

oh, just happened to be nearby, did they ?

was any of them holding a length of thin rope ?

dibboid
    Free Member

That’s another for the tally card. I was over there last week and they even placed rocks across the fire road climbing back out of the river run. I mean is pathetic and didn’t make any difference to me they must think we’re darleks or something and we can’t get over them. I pulled a few sticks that was stuck into the ground at 45° angles which could of been bad for someone. The mind boggles.

cakefacesmallblock

I’ve spent hours clearing logs ( and beer cans and plastic bottles)from Wyre trails over the last few years, many on bridleways too and not wind fallen ones either.Our little band and many other locals observed the deer rut night riding ban too. However I’ve only had two people confront me over riding there; one was a guy with two snappy little terriers and an equally snappy little mate, who just moved in front of me on a fire road and told me to stop riding, which I did, four feet from him and and asked him what he was on about. He muttered and looked at his shoes, then his friend and walked off. The other was an elderly woman, yelling and waving her walking stick, from about 200 yards away, I was on bridleway then too.
    These incindents apart, walkers have always been friendly enough and myself and my mates are often asked if we can tell folk how to get back to one of the carparks. We always try not to spook them too much and give dogs and children space and time. It’s all in the balance.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ramblers and mountain bikers, it's not all bad news.’ is closed to new replies.