Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Raleigh Shopper
  • ourkidsam
    Free Member

I think I might buy one of these little beauties

for popping to the shops or pub. Cool as, retro, indie… yeah?

Big-Dave
    Free Member

I had one as a student. I was able to fit a 'Men at Work' sign in the front basket and a crate of beer on the back. Happy days.

rolfharris
    Free Member

Hasn't this been done already? Some guy off here had one he'd pimped and fixied.

tinsy
    Free Member

I like it, there used to be an ace shopper snap hanging about on here, like the shopper equivelant of a fakenger, but sure it was about before the fakenger thing really kicked off, lovely bike to own I rekon, & can do everything, had a pal up the road when I was kid and his parents didnt have the money for a bike for him, he road a Shopper MX as he called it, did everything on it….

Even seen a couple of blokes race Summit MTB dressed as the 118 blokes on em, NO KIDDING. (if you have done a loop there you would know how ferkin hard that is)

gusamc
    Free Member

my mum used to mountain bike on one of them to go fishing, forest tracks, sheep paths, riversides, the lot.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

It's not 'been done' by me!

I put a bid on one on the bay earlier. It's just going to be for a leisurely mooch in to town, trip to the pub. No off roading although it's good to know it can take it! Obviously will be in my skinny jeans with top shirt button done up. You've got to get the look right

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Oh, and I'm keeping the gears. We have hills here

farm-boy

In cases such as this, you have to ask What Would Sheldon Do?

alpin
    Free Member

sadly stolen. not fixed. had a coaster brake on the back. bit hairy coming down hill toward the level crossing as the barriers are coming down.

my mate got quite good at stopping after that.

walleater

I can't now remember the person off here that I bought it off (Mark someone) so I don't get credit for building this beast:

The first time I rode it was in the middle of rush hour and I thought I was going to die. I went flying down a hill with my legs in the air, praying that I'd get some sort of bite out of that one brake. I found out I was moving to Vancouver quickly so it had to go to a local charity. If I'd have kept it though, I think I'd have pussied out and fitted a freewheel as the pedals are so close to the ground….and maybe 203mm discs….

zaskarrider
    Free Member

Thats the same shopper that i use on the red route at dalby… the ride is sweet

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Raleigh Shopper’ is closed to new replies.