Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Raleigh Plummet Dropper post? Thoughts
  • andyparle
    Free Member

Ive just ordered one of the new raleigh RSP dropper posts and just wondered if anyone is using one and what there thoughts on it are.
    It looks like one of the gravity dropper style posts using springs rather than pneumatics.
    I already own a tmars one but the real bad cable routing (mk2 model) and huge amounts of play bother me (cable and shims have been replaced twice) so I thought it was worth a bash at 100 squid.

jam-bo

So for the cost of two cheap ones you could of had one decent one…

andyparle
    Free Member

I got the tmars for free as I was looking at importing them and putting on my own brand but someone beat me to it (big massive). Also with having a 27.2 seatpost there is very limited choice, with the ksi7 and xfusion having quite a few reports on failing.
    So……

docrobster
    Free Member

Can’t see the Raleigh being any better than the tmars TBH. I had the vario branded one last year and it ended up in the bin. Replaced with xfusion Hilo which is a far better product if you are stuck with 27,2. It was £130 at the time I bought it.

SandyThePig
    Free Member

X fusion has been brilliant over the past year. Not needed to touch it. Got it on offer from wiggle for £130 IIRC.

bland

Raleigh will just import them from china, get on alibaba and see who is making them.

I have a gravity dropper to sell if you are interested in 27.2 with a lever classic design and it has 3 holes in to give you that 1.5″ drop you crave so much! £80 if anyone wants it

andyparle
    Free Member

I have considered the xfusion one, but I like the fact that you can self service the spring type posts.
    Anyone tried the raleigh one?
    my lbs has ordered one in for me so before I buy it im going to have a proper good look at it. It certainly seems to be a whole new post and not a tmars/traildrop/icev8/forca type of one.

andyparle
    Free Member

Bland
    Tmars are made in Taiwan, x-fusion in China. So hopefully it will be a Chinese made dropper eh?

Simon

, but I like the fact that you can self service the spring type posts.

Just get a Gravity Dropper then. Very little to go wrong and if it does spares are available and GD customer service is excellent even if you’ve bought a 2nd hand post.

andyparle
    Free Member

why not the raleigh one though, no one who is commenting on here has given me a good reason.
    it alll seems to be speculation that it will be crap because its not the one they use, has anyone actually seen/used one? does anyone have info on where they are made, if they are a rebranded product, the quality if the manufacturing, how it even actually works?
    guess it might be a good oppurtunity to give it a testing and review perhaps? it has a warranty and is from the local raleigh cycle shop so if it is shite ill just get my money back I guess and buy an xfusion

Simon

why not the raleigh one though, no one who is commenting on here has given me a good reason.

Because they’re new and an unknown quantity.
    The GD design is years old and tried and tested.

Go ahead and get the Raleigh and report back when you’ve given it a thorough testing.

andyparle
    Free Member

[/url]
    For anyone interested, looks like Satori make the post for raleigh (who also make stuff for ZOOM). Looks like its got metal shims rather than plastic, and comes with a jag wire cable. Not that any of that will make a difference if it dont work proper!
    Got one coming tomorrow, so ill give it a good thrashing and will give initial report/impressions.

andyparle
    Free Member

Heres a link as that other one doesn’t work
    LINK

Frankers
    Free Member

I think they look ace, I would try one if I was you

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Raleigh Plummet Dropper post? Thoughts’ is closed to new replies.