Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Raleigh Massif – retro classic or load of cack?
  • mattk
    Free Member

I’m looking for a winter hack to convert to ss and commute down canal tow paths, with maybe the odd blast round the woods.

Fella at work has one in his shed he wants £30 for.

Is it worth bothering with?

soma_rich
    Free Member

Probably very heavy but for a commuter £30 is about right I would say:

According to google

iain1775
    Free Member

well somebody gets excited about them –

http://www.retrobike.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=784628&sid=2cd22031b694d81f16588893108e0d0c

personally I wouldnt bother but I guess it depends what you want
    Have mine from when I was 14 in the parents shed still, If I thought I could get £30 for it it would be up for sale tomorrow!

verses

In my teens I had the Raleigh Marauder (the model down) my friend had the Massif. There’s a small part of me that’s still jealous of him having indexed gears and mine only being friction.

I think the massif was £180ish in 1990ish, whether that translates to £30 now or not, I guess is up to you.

takisawa2

Stick an ad on yahoo freecycle & see what turns up…

Mister-P
    Free Member

If you think it is worth £30 then buy it. That is a fairly tame Saturday night drinking session cash wise.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I nearly got a Mirage (up from the Massif by 1 or 2 models) which would have come with 300lx STIs (which were the new thing in shifting), Raleigh couldnt supply the model so I ended up with a Giant Coldrock with 400lx instead.

drofluf
    Free Member

I’ve still got a Mirage somewhere, still ride it occasionally.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Raleigh Massif – retro classic or load of cack?’ is closed to new replies.