Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Raleigh Bomber question
  • CharlieMungus
    Free Member

Anyone here own a Bomber? The seat stay detatches and i took it off for powder coating, now can’t remember which way up it goes. Does the plate which acts as a seat stay bridge face up or down?

pipnet1
    Free Member

This (clicky) seems to show the bridge facing up.

robhughes
    Free Member

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos

Oooh – takes me back. My mates all had Grifters, but I was different and had a Bomber – a Super no less, with a 5sp derailleur instead of the 3sp hub gear.

cozz
    Free Member

ive got a bomber, black with chrome mudguards

great summers day pub bike, but hard going doing any miles, cranks are shorter than a short thing

ChrisL

TheArtistFormerlyKnownAsSTR – Member

Oooh – takes me back. My mates all had Grifters, but I was different and had a Bomber – a Super no less, with a 5sp derailleur instead of the 3sp hub gear.

I had a Super Bomber. You are the first person I’ve ever encountered who also had one!

mick_r

I also had a Super Bomber!

I thought the “super” bit was that it was a superchrome blue finish? Mine was definitely 3 speed Sturmey. I might actually have a tattered page from the catalogue in the attic somewhere…..

Best bit was blue skids!

Traded in at the local bike shop when I got my first mtb – a Saracen Limited Edition in 1989 – 18 speed and U-brake under the chainstays 🙂

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

ive got a bomber, black with chrome mudguards

great summers day pub bike, but hard going doing any miles, cranks are shorter than a short thing

Which way up is the seat stay?

I’m halfway through putting mine back together. Been outnfor a little ride, but i’m usually on 58cm on the road and 21″ off- road. Thr bomber feels a bit small, was thinking a layback post might help.

What saddle are you using? My original is a bit worn out and torn

cozz
    Free Member

heres a pic of mine

robhughes
    Free Member

My mates had bomers but i bought a Team murray Baja.
    Loved that bike. 🙂

martinxyz
    Free Member

That last pic of one looks the same as mine. Such a hard bike to pedal with those short cranks,eh?

<just back from the shed. Edit: The seat stays have the brake bridge welded onto the stays the same side as the brake.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Raleigh Bomber question’ is closed to new replies.