Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • RAL Colour help
  • morgs
    Free Member

Hi all,

I’m going to get my frame powder-costed in the not too distant future and have a couple of questions.

I’m after a black frame with a silver or white ‘fleck’ in it – almost like a light speckling. Does anyone know a RAL code for this? The pictures on the tinterweb aren’t the best! Also – is it powder coating that gives the fleck or is that the laquer?

Cheers all

wwaswas

fleck will be applied as a secondary coating, I think.

RAL will only give a single shade.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Is the fleck not a seperate coating once they have done the black??

*Too slow*

🙁

morgs
    Free Member

so the fleck is part of the laquer or is it an additional coat?

wwaswas

like all things it probably depends…

fleck will be suspended in a laquer of some sort to give coverage, whether they give it another coat of just laquer after that probably comes down to what your budget is.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Part of the Laquer IIRC..

wwaswas

best bet is to talk to whoever will be doing the job – they’ll give you costs etc and also advise on what process they use.

morgs
    Free Member

cheers guys – just spoke to them. Very helpful and have suggested a black with another coat with 20-odd colours in it, visible depending on angles etc….

sounds pretty pimp 8)

almightydutch
    Free Member

My bike is like this but only one colour metal flake in the laquer…hang on i’ll get a picture…

I dont think its RAL 9005 (Black) but it does me. I had it powder coated last October and its more than stood up to the rigours of my ridings.

Not the best pic as it was taken on my blackberry and the sun wasnt exactly shining much but i hope you get the idea. I wanted stealthly black but with a bit of sparkle.

morgs
    Free Member

dutch – that looks nice! Where did you get it done?

almightydutch
    Free Member

Adam at Planetworld. 01922 743000
    Friend of a friend who owns an Alloy wheel refurb place near Walsall.

£65 and the only thing i had to do was washer up the headtube, Bottom bracket hole and the shock mounts points.

morgs
    Free Member

cheers for that

why does it have to be such a bloody hard decision to make!

almightydutch
    Free Member

Was an easy decision for me especially at that price. My frame looks new again……apart from they’ve now put a tapered headtube on that model

morgs
    Free Member

I meant a hard decision re: colour – not getting it done!

IsaacClarke
    Free Member

I just got my Turner done RAL 4010 : )

morgs
    Free Member

PICS of the thunder 😀

almightydutch
    Free Member

Does it hurt your eyes Isaac?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Awesome…

My Handjob is RAL 4010… :mrgreen:

takisawa2

Hopefully picking up the front triangle of my Ventana this week.
    Abandoned the idea of polishing after spending all evening doing one easy patch. Gone for a basic metallic silver/grey colour.
    And a bit of gay anodising… 🙂

IMAG0596 by pten2106, on Flickr

almightydutch
    Free Member

Taki’s thats some nice deep red colouring you got yourself there, where did you have it done@ I’ve had a few things anodised red and they are always slightly pinky, it drives me mad.

And that handjob looks the biz

takisawa2

almightydutch, it was done by anodisersteve from here. They look better in the flesh. Fantastic quality.
    If you drop me an email I’ll send his contact details over. Great service, posted Mon, got them back Fri.
    Look out for me on the Chase, I’ll have the gay anodising. 🙂

moniex
    Free Member

The ral 4010 looks great! Just dropped my hustler and g spot frames of at the powder coaters this morning to have them done in 4010…. They kept trying to fob me of with the standard 4003 pink, just not as good!

Also considered kawasaki green (not sure of the colour)…

Fleck is extra coat or something they explained, I saw some examples, looks great, but perhgaps a little ott on the 4010…. Would be lovely on black.

Simone

Teetosugars
    Free Member

moniex – Member

Also considered kawasaki green (not sure of the colour)…

My Heckler is (almost) Kawasaki Green.. 🙂

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘RAL Colour help’ is closed to new replies.