Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Rain's-a-falling, wind's-a-blowing, 20 mile ride home anyone?
  • thestabiliser
    Free Member

Gurrrrrghhhh. Been pretty lucky with the weather lately. Not today. Do I boil in the bag or just get a soaking? Or drive home.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Part for my car has just arrived at garage,

Here’s hoping that they can fit it and retest for the MOT before I go home at 6..

Otherwise, I think it will be a pedal/paddle back

whitestone
    Free Member

In to the wind or with it?

ronjeremy
    Free Member

it’s a ride home from work in the rain

it’s always into the wind

it’s the law

Gary_M
    Free Member

Thats the usual ride home from me, 20 miles into a headwind blowing off the sea. I normally get a bit of respite from strong headwinds in summer but this year has been a bastard. Pretty much headwind in headwind home very day. Rain just started now. Riding in the rain in summer in a short sleeved jersey doesn’t bother me though, makes my tan look look and it makes me feel like a hard as nails belgian rouleur 🙂

Still bloody love it though.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Makes me feel like a soggy cumbrian shitwit. Ah well better get me gear on. :/

carlos
    Free Member

Going to get a soaking here too, looking at the forecast.

For us its not a case of having to commute, its Thursday and we always ride the trails on a Thursday night. It’ll be a giggle though, filled with banter, a bit of moaning cos it’ll be wet, boggy and muddy. But none of us will regret it once were done

whitestone
    Free Member

Used to commute in to Kendal and going home along the A590 was *always* into the wind 😡 Didn’t help that I had to go up Lindale Hill as well.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Ha! I’m escaping from Kendal too, I go over crook though ‘cos the 590’s frickin horrible.

Use the old 590 and even climb over Brigsteer to avoid the 590 on the way in , too many wagons and the spray’s horrific in the wet

sandwicheater

Looking out the window, will be moist in Halifax on my way home. Can’t see the trees blowing but I know that will change the moment i leave.

Just summer kit for me but only 15 miles.

whitestone
    Free Member

Thirty years ago it wasn’t *too* bad, nowhere near the amount of traffic now. Going via Underbarrow, Crossthwaite and Cartmel Fell was “interesting” on 52/42 and a 6 speed 12-24 block 😯

Chickened out of riding in to work today 🙂 Then again I rode home via Thwaites Brow and a few other hills on the way home yesterday.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Ah well, all out of procrastination. Here we go. Yup, that’s it. ANy minute now……one more brew.

benp1

I’m on the clown bike (brompton) today

Going out for a drink after work, might jump on the tube 😆

Might cycle part of the way just for kicks though

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Well that was fun

Anybody else have to strip off in the kitchen to avoid soaking the rest of the house?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

The presence of the mother in law spared that ignominy. She has a use, who knew. Wasn’t too bad once out. It never is. Next challenge dry the shoes out before the morning!

jeffl

It’s fairly warm at the moment so I’d go for get a soaking. I almost enjoy cycling home from work when it’s like that, in a weird masochistic way, although mine is only 15 miles. Only boil in the bag in winter.

martinh
    Free Member

The rain had stopped but the ride home was 19 miles of sea spray and the low cloud. Clothes were very wet but at least it wasn’t cold

carlos
    Free Member

It pished it down whilst getting ready but out on the trails we didn’t see a drop of rain all night. Didn’t mean we stayed dry as lots of standing water and sweating buckets cos it was pretty mild out too

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Good stoic stuff all round, medals in the post

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Rain's-a-falling, wind's-a-blowing, 20 mile ride home anyone?’ is closed to new replies.