Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • railwaytrackworld – Scandinavia
  • BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Sorry for the thread title – couldn’t resist, I’ll deny myself pudding tonight.
    Anyway, it looks like I’ll be in Oslo in a couple of months time. Recently, I came home from Malta by train (ferry from Malta-Sicily for the pedants) and it was brilliant so I’m thinking train home from Norway. It looks like a railpass would be the cheapest option (wasn’t last time) which means 5 days travel in 10 so I’d probably take a week to get home (Oslo – London can be done in 2 days). So, what’s worth seeing that’s not too far from the route that’s likely to be Oslo-Copenhagen-Hamburg-Brussels? Railpass includes discounts on ferries so any boat trip diversions can be included
    Cheers

annebr
    Free Member

I don’t know, but sounds like a nice trip!

DrJ

Definitely stop off in Copenhagen 🙂 If you can go there for free take a side-trip to Aarhus?

ChubbyBlokeInLycra
    Free Member

ferry trip looks interesting
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLOhVxJj2fc[/video]

ononeorange

Sounds really good! Be sure to write something up on here when you get back.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Slight diversion but you can take the train to Hafjell where they had the worlds this year. Brilliant bike park. Then back down through Oslo to Göteborg for some west coast is the best coast action

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

plans are now in place so advice on what not to miss would be appreciated.
    Itinerary is – Oslo, Flam (cruise some fjords), Stockholm, Helsinki (day trip with overnight ferries), Copenhagen, Brussels.
    Oslo not much time but the Opera House and Kon-Tiki Museum (I remember the expedition) are high on the list.
    Flam there isn’t much else to do but soak up the scenery (google images of Flam and Gudvangen to see why that’s ok).
    Stockholm, don’t have a clue, any tips appreciated.
    Helsinki, big fort in the morning, afternoon ideas?
    Copenhagen, Tivoli Park and it’s wooden roller coaster are deffo on the list, what else to do?
    Brussels is just get there, spend the night, get the train the next day (late AM, so anything to do needs to be near eurostar station).

EDIT oh and eating out advice for any of the above would be helpful

Cheers

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘railwaytrackworld – Scandinavia’ is closed to new replies.