Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Railwayists – how to get from York to Harrogate?
  • Flaperon

It turns out that Northern Rail have called a strike on the 10th Jan, irritatingly after I booked advance tickets from Kings Cross to Harrogate.

Northern Rail reckon the last train to leave York will be at 7pm, about an hour and a half before my train from London gets in. There aren’t any public buses from York in the evening – will it end in tears if I take a taxi and claim for the cost?

oldtennisshoes

Speak to the rail company. Are there any options via Leeds instead?

martinhutch

There will be a bus to Leeds then onwards to Harrogate, but I reckon that will take the best part of 2 hours.

allthegear
    Free Member

Yeah, see if they will let you take a Leeds train. Can get train to Harrogate from there or, if not running, plenty of buses. Best bus combo might actually be the 757 to Airport and then 747 from there to Harrogate.

Rachel

chestrockwell

As above, see if they will switch tickets so you go KX to Leeds directly. Then either catch a train if you can or jump on a bus. The Leeds/Harrogate/Ripon buses are quite pleasant.

blader1611
    Free Member

If you get to Leeds then the bus you need is the 36, nice buses with leather seats.

stumpyjon

I think a 747 from Leeds airport to Harrogate might be a tad excessive.

darkcove

Virgin run a direct KX-Harrogate train (via Leeds)

Flaperon

Can’t believe I didn’t think of trying to change to the Leeds train. Inspired idea, thank you!

Flaperon

Argh. Virgin Trains say “no”.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Railwayists – how to get from York to Harrogate?’ is closed to new replies.