Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Ragley Wiser Bar, your views?
  • smartay

Any feedback on the wiser bar, are they 31.8 clamp?

leeroybrown
    Free Member

they are a 31.8 clamp,it only arrived today so not used it yet

colournoise

As with all contact points, very subjective.

I have an alloy Wiser. I like it. It holds all my brake levers, gears and stuff and gives me something to hold on to while I ride.

Trying to be more objective. I had a 762mm Azonic Double Wall previously which was nice but a bit too wide for my 5’6″ frame. The 710mm width and 25mm rise of the Wiser is way more comfortable for my build and preferred riding position.

I’m shallow so I like the Ragley graphics too.

slainte 8) rob

JamesH
    Free Member

plus 1 for the graphics

Ragley Wiser bar edit by J_Hphotos, on Flickr

robsoctane
    Free Member

Yep, the graphics are definitely +1… Goes so well with my green Giro Xen with all the tree branch effects. Lush.

I Can’t feel the difference between these & my Sunline V2 bar though… 🙄

smartay

So at 6’4″ would you say that the Wiser at 710 is a bit on the narrow side, or am i looking onto this a little to deeply!!

What about the orange ones?

igm

Lovely light bar, very nice to look at but I cracked a carbon one checking the suspension sag on a new build before I’d ridden the bike – to be fair though it wasn’t clear if it was lacquer only or the bar as well that was cracked.

Problem is, how do you know if it’s the lacquer or the bar?

Chain Reaction refunded the money with no problems so if you’re not 16st and it’s not going on an Alpine 160 I might well give it a try. I went back to an alloy Sunline

toppers3933
    Free Member

this is random really because for some reason this afternoon i had a thought about a thread on here about these bars.
    i have a pair of the carbon bars on my ragley td:1. they are ace. they are weird because they flex soooo much it feels wrong, but when you are moving they are great. not once have i ever noticed it whilst moving. granted they’re on a carbon forked 29er so they’re probably providing a bit of suspension, but i love em. unlike the grips, which are not all that and a bag of potato chips. i have no issues with them at all and i weigh nearly 17 stone and ride with as much gnarrr as possible.

igm

Yep – it may have been the flex cracking the lacquer and the bar was fine – but like I say how do you know?

They do look nice in black, but I might get them unlacquered if I was buying them again.

stevenk4563
    Free Member

What about the orange ones?

Orange looks great on the right coloured bike, the up sweep and back sweep are spot on for me, as is the width, I just bought the black tree one for my other bike.

smartay

Hi all, I think the decision has been made, the bars on stevenk4563 look great, are they 38mm rise. real summer look

stevenk4563
    Free Member

Yep, they are 38mm

jontydewolfe
    Free Member

i too have the carbon ones, i too have what looks like cracks and they are flexier than a flex-monster in flex town

rkk01
    Free Member

… and I thought this would be for Pontius Pilate’s bike…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Ragley Wiser Bar, your views?’ is closed to new replies.