Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Ragley Mountain Bikes
  • madal
    Free Member

Hi guys, does anybody on here ride a Ragley? I like the look of the Marley and have read the glowing mag. reviews about them, but would prefer actual owners opinions/experiences on them.
    It will only be used for fun and to keep me fit, nothing serious.
    Thanks 🙂

scotroutes

I bought a Marley frame last year and set it up with 140 forks, 1×11, i25 rims, XR4 tyres. Love it. It’s my go to bike for playing around in the woods. Finish is much better than the Ragleys of old, fun though they were.

stcolin
    Free Member

Just ordered a Marley 1.0. The finish seemed great and the spec is great for the money.

Not due until the end of February, so a long wait!

madal
    Free Member

Nice one guys, thank you 8)

mutley

Just been out on my Mk 1 Piglet, still love it. They are a bit chunky but the fit and ride is great. Get one :mrgreen:

djflexure

Son has an old style Ragley Bigwig and its a great general purpose frame. He takes it down the local woods, rides to school, days out at BPW – sometimes beating me down on my FS. The finish has held up well too.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Mk 1 Blue Pig owner. Love the ride, hate the shoddy paintwork.

scotroutes

This thread inspired me to go for a wee ride.

slowoldman

Just been out on my Mk 1 Piglet, still love it.

Love mine too 😀

mutley

madal
    Free Member

Thank you for your replies, much appreciated 8)

Northwind

Old model from the Brant days, but I had a Ragley Ti and tbf I’ve only ever ridden one other hardtail that could compete with it, it was bloody incredible.

(the other was a Soul incidentally. But it was quite a different bike, for the riding I wanted it for the Ti was a round one knockout)

bone_idle
    Free Member

I have owned the Pig and the Marley, loved the pig always made me grin, the Marley is fast out of the gate but the back end is harsh for long rides, I much prefer the steel frame.

eskay

Started this thread a few weeks ago:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/ragley-marley-anything-else-worth-considering

Ended up with this:

Took it out for its first ride today and was very pleased with it. Handled well on the wet slippery downhills and seemed to climb pretty nicely.

stcolin
    Free Member

My Marley arrived early. Big thanks to MTB Monster in Blackburn.

He she is…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/RCsKJo]IMG_0841edit[/url] by Colin, on Flickr

deviant
    Free Member

Can’t comment on the new ones but my mk2 Piglet was great on the trail and uplift days.

prawny

Half tempted by the new Marley as a replacement for my grief causing Bossnut.

Is ‘Bit harsh at the back’ the general consensus for the cheaper ones? Can’t afford a piglet/blue pig.

zomersetglider

I’ve had a Blue Pig now for 4 years…best bike I’ve had, great hack bike through the winter in the crud but also a great rig for ranting around the man-made trails at Ashton Court/Leigh woods. I had a long weekend in South Wales once on it after my full suss let me down last minute,I felt a little battered after 4 days but it didn’t let me down one bit.

The Marley looks good but have a look at the Stanton range as well.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Bluepig here too for commuting and winter UK riding. Paint job is terrible, positioning of brake mount just really impractical and I found their customer service non existent – but I really love the bike, prefer it to the Prince Albert it replaced.

scotroutes

Not in my experience. I guess it depends on the length of your rides. I typically do 2-4 hours on mine and don’t seem to have any problems. The older models (V1 mmmbops) certainly suffered from this though

stcolin
    Free Member

I found their customer service non existent

Same here. I contacted them a few times before deciding to buy and got zero response. Thankfully the dealer has been better. Just discovered the cranks are loose. The Marley has FSA Modular self-extracting type. Pain in the arse, not only do I need the normal tools, but a f**king pin spanner too. Not sure if that even going to fix the problem as everything is tight and the spacers are correct etc.

therag
    Free Member

My sons 26″ Marley

scotroutes

Thankfully the dealer has been better. Just discovered the cranks are loose.

Back to the dealer then.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Ragley Mountain Bikes’ is closed to new replies.