Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Ragley MmmBop
  • joolsburger
    Free Member

Any good looking for a cheap HT as an experiment.

blue_mountain_goat
    Free Member

Yep, Top fun! 😀

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

What genre of riding will you be using it for?

MrNutt
    Free Member

action/adventure?
    bromance?
    comedy?
    world?

hey there could actually be some milage in this genre business Dave 😀

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Great value at the discounted CRC price – not sure why but it’s discontinued for 2011

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I do like to think of mtbing as an art form.

I reckon you’ve got it with action/advernture, but there’ll definitely be some comedy in there, especially when the lead tries to do a manual

organic355
    Free Member

can we make this a sticky, it gets asked at least once a month, including by myself, I just hope the experiment doesn’t involve drop bars 😀 😀

joolsburger
    Free Member

My bike is a 6 inch travel single pivot with 130mm forks. I ride 99% at Swinley or Ranmore Leith Pitch Holmbury.

I’m over biked and it’s quite heavy too.

I run the rear shock hard and with pp on almost all the time but it cushions the landings a bit and spares my back I’ve ridden FS since 1997.

Frame has snapped twice in a year so I think it’s end of life now had spares but down to my last parts now.

I’m looking at the ragely as it’s cheap and orange and looks tough and slack. I like a high BB by the way.

I’ve not ridden a HT in years for any length of time but thought sod it for 200 notes worth trying might even be fun people seem to have made the move and liked it all my parts will fit too which is handy. Had a chameleon for a few months till it got nicked last year and it was fun but never rode it for more than a couple of hours at a time.

dan1980
    Free Member

I’m looking forward to trying mine out on it’s first ride this week. I belive it will be a genre defining nu-wave-old-skool-phat-hiphop-ballroom-kazoo-semiclassicalbanjo ride

:mrgreen:

brant
    Free Member

Mmmbop is not orange.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Blue is fine, my mistake. I like blue.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Get one, hardtails are class. A 6inch travel bike is pretty unnecessary for uk riding, dont know what Swinley is like but i imagine not too gnarly. I only use a hardtail in the lakes where i ride and its fine, you just have to put a bit more effort in. Much esier for manuals also

joolsburger
    Free Member

Yeah I’m coming round to that way of thinking. I think a HT demo firs then we’ll see.

Does anyone have problems wirth pedal strikes on the bop as I notice the BB is quite low.

ruddy
    Free Member

Built mine up a fornight ago and it felt right from the first ride. Very confidence inspiring and flickable (despite length – not sure how that works).

Some reviews indicated that the back end is harsh but I have managed an 8hr epic and all was fine.

Only downer is that I found it hard to shoulder when hike-a-biking – seems to have a small triangle.

Briliant bike – well recommended and likely to be a classic for those in the know as it not being replaced next year.

blue_mountain_goat
    Free Member

Does anyone have problems wirth pedal strikes on the bop as I notice the BB is quite low.

No issues for me on and around the Surrey Hills.

ojom
    Free Member

For the money they are exceptionally good.

Really really good fun and ride better the faster you get them. Very controllable, fast, climb very very well, oh and green is best.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Thanks all.

ahwiles
    Free Member

joolsburger – Member

the usual criticism is that the BB is too high – i reckon it’s about right, give or take a bit…

RDL-82
    Free Member

Awesome bike and a steel if you can get it at the discounted price…just make sure it doesnt try to kill you like mine did yesterday, encourages silly speed and confidence just feels right, shame i wont be riding it for a bit while this broken wrist heals 😆

druidh
    Free Member

I’m loving mine. The carbon Blur XC hasn’t been ridden since the mmmbop was built.

heihei

Didn’t really get on with it when I tried it around Surrey Hills. Much preferred my 456, and more recently an Evil Sovereign. I found the ride position a bit odd -I’m sure you’d get used to it pretty quickly but it wasn’t for me.

sprocker
    Free Member

My mate has one and really likes it, if you buy it from chain reaction make sure you check it over though the 1st 2 they sent him had dents in.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Ragley MmmBop’ is closed to new replies.