Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Ragley cyclocross bikes?
  • sparkingchains
    Free Member

After looking about for cyclocross frames I did a search for ragley rodwells – what happened to them!? Anyone know where I can get hold of one or if they even make a cross frame these days?

ratherbeintobago

Not sure what’s happening with Ragley, tbh. Don’t think the website’s been updated for a while though there does seem to be a new MTB frame available (alloy version of the Piglet), and the road/cross frames seem to be discontinued.

Andy

sparkingchains
    Free Member

Yeah, shame, they seemed good for the money.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MrAgreeable

Ragley are still very much going, but the Rodwell frame was dropped from the range after Brant left and now I see they’ve even stopped selling replacement mech hangers for them… grrrr.

For what it’s worth I really like mine, but it’s not the best-designed or constructed frame in the world. The paintwork is a blistery nano-layer, the bottle and rack mounts have a somewhat casual relationship with the inside of the frame, the integrated headset appears to be perpetually self-loosening, the low front end is disconcerting on steep stuff, and you have to take the skewer out to change a rear puncture.

On the plus side it’s hella stiff, race-light and comes up small for a ‘cross frame so it’s great on more technical stuff. It’s served me well but I’m glad I didn’t pay RRP for it.

shaggy

Gear hanger is the standard Fuji one, I think. BETD #58.

epo-aholic
    Free Member

my mate has a Rodwell, he says its shite….sorry! 🙁

He got it half price in the CRC sale and still thinks he was fleeced… heavy, unforgiving, etc

EDIT: I’ve a Forme Hiver and its GVFM, get them for £250 from eBay

MrAgreeable

Cheers John, was threading my way between big Dartmoor boulders on it at the weekend and thinking how I ought to get a spare. 🙂

Cross bikes and unforgiving, in the same sentence? I never thought I’d see the day. 😛

sparkingchains
    Free Member

Right well I’m glad I looked no further into finding one, they sound crap! Im looking at the Forme Hivers, seem a bargain as you say Mr EPO.

vegasdave
    Free Member

What about a Van Dessell Gin & Trombone?….go on,Google it..

sparkingchains
    Free Member

…”from the hardcore cross scene in Belgium”… grrrrr, real men’s bikes

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Ragley cyclocross bikes?’ is closed to new replies.