Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ragley Blue Pig X seat clamp size ??
  • DeMoose
    Free Member

Just bought above mentioned frame. Website says its a 34.9mm seatclamp size so thats what I got, only its way too big. I’ve measured the frame at approx 32.7mm or there abouts with seatpost in frame.
    Anyone had a similar experience? More to the point, what seatclamp size are you using?

kharim
    Free Member

Same problem, so contacted Ragley-no reply surprise, surprise. Also contacted Chain Reaction Cycles where I bought it from- got that kind of reply that computer says no. Not helpful! So where does that leave those of us stuck trying to get a simple thing like a seat post collar size 32.6? Help anyone?

brant
    Free Member

There should be a shim in the bag with your stickers in to space the seat tube to 34.9mm

This is as the designer intended, but perhaps the designer was being a bit of a smart arse.

matt_outandabout

🙂

kharim
    Free Member

Thanks Brant, I didn’t think of that. So I don’t have to drink copious amounts of beer to use the cans to make a shim. On second thoughts I’ll drink the beer anyway to celebrate (getting the bike fixed)/drown my sorrows due to the rugby. Cheers.

brant
    Free Member

The reason is that I wanted a lightweight seat tube to take a 30.9mm seatpost. Steel tubing is heavy, and so by keeping it all smaller diameter it saves weight. The upper bit of the tube is the thickness it needs to be to be clamped and safe. The lower bit flares to 34.9mm to make the BB stiff and solid.

I could have made the top bit 34.9mm, but that would have added lots of steel there which would have weighed a ton.

So I thought having a shim to respace the seat tube to the right diameter would have been good. Additionally, I’m sure someone ordered some “direct mount” Ragley seatclamps too. But perhaps not.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ragley Blue Pig X seat clamp size ??’ is closed to new replies.