Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Ragley Blue Pig Sizing
  • lovetoride
    Free Member

Just seen that CRC only have 14 inch frames left. I’m 5ft 7in with a 30″ inside leg. Would the 14 inch be ok? Prefer the downs more than the ups!

thekettle
    Free Member

I’m 5’6 with 28″ inseam and my 14″ pig fits really well (inline seatpost, 50mm stem). You’ll need a pretty long seatpost, but with it dropped it’ll be a super-chuckable riot. Mine climbs better than the On-One Scandal it replaced, surprisingly.

lovetoride
    Free Member

I’ve always like riding the smaller bikes but must be capable of the odd long xc ride and trail centre riding. May drop an email to them for their advice but sounds like could be ok. Have a you got a pic of your build?

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Well I’m 5’11” with a 32″ inside leg and my 16″ Blue Pig fits fine (long seat post, plus like you I prefer smaller frames), so I would say the 14″ should be ok for you.

aka_Gilo
    Free Member

Pic of mine when I built it up in 2010 (subsequently changed the rear brake hose routing):

ricsar1
    Free Member

You’ll be fine,I.m 5.8 just built a 14 inch up from crc,good fun on the downs , more of a top tube length ssue than than seat tube length issue running a 60mm stem’160 34’s, depends how you like your bikes,if it’s small and flickable you,ll be fine, have fun !

spw3

5’8″, 32″ and 16″ here. I think it will be too small for you. I have a lot of seat post showing.

lovetoride
    Free Member

Ok the bike in the picture looks nice and not overly small. I will take another look at the geometry of the frame.

tomaso
    Free Member

I’d look more at the top tube length on a frame you are worried is too small. You can always have a yard of seatpost sticking out
    :mrgreen:

thekettle
    Free Member

Have’nt got an image of mine sorry, but seat post is at max height on a 367mm post, so you’d need a 400 or 420mm, and probably layback to give more top tube space.

slowoldman

I’m 5′ 7″ and have a 16″ Piglet (that sounds a bit rude). Even with a short “Stubbing” stem I have wondered if it’s a bit long for me. I think I’m right in saying they are a bit long in the top tube. Mind you, I wouldn’t swap to a 14″ without trying one. But I’d like to.

lovetoride
    Free Member

Whats the main difference between the blue pig and piglet? What other frames are the piglet comparable to?

jamiep
    Free Member

5″8′ 31″ inside leg. Ragley’s Mmmbop and Marley both size 16″, 50mm stem. I like a smaller bike, but wouldn’t want to go down to a 14″

slowoldman

lovetoride – Member
    Whats the main difference between the blue pig and piglet? What other frames are the piglet comparable to?

The geometries are here:
    http://www.ragleybikes.com/frames
    Look fairly similar to me but I don’t know enough about this stuff to say what difference it makes to the way the bike goes. With me pedalling I suspect not much.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Ragley Blue Pig Sizing’ is closed to new replies.