Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Ragley, Blue Pig Fork
  • soren
    Free Member

Got a Blue pig coming.

Got a 130mm 32 Float sitting around but really want the excuse of buying a 36mm VAN/Talas/Float for it – is 160mm travel too much?.

shmuk
    Free Member

You’d probably get away with it on the Pig, but you’d more than likely invalidate the frame warranty (maybe check with Ragely).

I’ve got Fox 36 Float 160’s on my mmmBop.

The mmmBop & Pig both have identical frame geometry, & are deisgned for 130-150mm travel forks.

Personally, I don’t find the 160mm Fox’s too long (although the Floats can be reduced in travel internally in 10mm increments if I ever change my mind)

WackoAK
    Free Member

I’ve got a U-Turn Lyrik on mine, normally set at 145mm but on the few occasions I’ve had it at 160 it’s been fine.

Northwind

I’ve got 150mm forks but with a +10mm headset in the Bop and I’m glad for the u-turn. The bike works fine with the 160mm-effective travel but it’s more balanced down around 140mm. Which I suppose is because that’s what it’s designed for 😉

So no 160mm not too much but if I was going to stick mine with just one fork length it’d be 140mm. I prefer it at 130mm to 160mm for that matter but both ends have their advantages and disadvantages.

soren
    Free Member

Solid advice, thanks fellas. I know it should be 140mm to work great. It’s just if you’ve never had a burly 160mm , well you just want one don’t you.

ahwiles
    Free Member

my pig is just peachy with 140mm pikes.

i set them up a bit hard so i don’t use 140mm travel, i don’t ride very fast, so don’t need lots of travel, but i do like the geometry this give me and it’s not so divey with a few more psi in the forks.

softish 160’s will probably end up the same length as stiffish 140’s – when you consider sag and stuff.

Brant: how about a ragley update of the summer season? – blue pig geometry with 100mm forks….

?

Trekster

run mine with 5yr old Floats @ 130 😛
    If`n when I can afford it I fancy the Sektors, but they might end up on my Kona if I get around to rebuilding it!!!

wors

150 sektors on mine and it’s great. Near enough the same a – c measurement as the 130 recons i took off.

RagTi
    Free Member

A direct mega 6 nuclear missile strike would bounce off a blue pig!, would not worry about throwing some 36s on it, although I would be more concerned about its “new found geometry”

Kev

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Ragley, Blue Pig Fork’ is closed to new replies.