Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)
  • Ragley Bigwig – Yes or No?
  • shinsplints

Yes, mines a 20″
    Pics show with a 120mm fork but just pulled the trigger on a 130mm Rev 🙂

Let me guess Tom, you ride an orange 5 ? 😆
    Anyway, if anyone is actually interested in how it rides, it’s superb. I expected it to be great downhill but it really surprised me on the climbs, goes uphill better than any other hard tail or full suss I’ve ridden. V pleased.

camwba96
    Free Member

Had chance to ride it yet? What’s it like? 😆

shinsplints

Look up there 😛

camwba96
    Free Member

Wow, is weight an issue?

shinsplints

Me or the bike ? 😆
    The bike, no. It flies. Weighs in at just under 30 lbs with pedals, not a mega lightweight but the wheels & tubeless set up spin up to speed nicely. Point it down anything & it comes alive.

kovaldesign
    Free Member

shinsplints_thank you for your reply. Great to hear the Wig rides well for you. Good shot with those cheap 130mm RVL’s 🙂
    I’m 5’10” (178cm) and hesitating between getting 18″ or waiting for the re-stock of 16″. Owned the Blue Pig MK1 in 16 and the bike was great. However I just googled the picture of a fully build 16″ and it looks silly small… perhaps I should go with 18″, 50mm stem and I should be fine (?)
    Any views or advice appreciated.

camwba96
    Free Member

Thanks for the info

spev

where are you based koval? If your in South Wales you can come and try my 16″ out for size, i’m 5’9″ but have short torso long legs so always get caught out on sizing, went 16″ in the end , slightly short in the tt at 23″ effective but it suits me

camwba96
    Free Member

Shinsplints what does it climb like?

shinsplints

It climbed great with the 120mm fork, really surprised me
    Don’t know about the 140 yet 😆

kovaldesign
    Free Member

spev, thanks for the offer but I’m based in London. Have long legs are monkey-long arms and ordered the 18″ in the end – awaiting it’s arrival. BTW I’m building this bike to be permanently taken abroad and use as my holiday machine (my origins are Polish Beskidy Mountains). For the XC action I’m riding 17″ El Mariachi – the 18″ Big Wig going to be 5mm longer on the TT so I should be fine.
    Can you guys confirm the Big Wig has lower BB height than the average 29er?
    Ta!

spev

I’ll measure to the floor tomorrow and post again ok

kovaldesign
    Free Member

thanks spev – it will be interesting to see whether the ‘trail’ geometry chart, which is based on 530mm A2C, says the true 🙂
    shinsplints – have you found your 130mm RVL being actually a 140mm travel? – that’s what my pair of RL’s from CRC reads.

shinsplints

@kovaldesign – they only turned up last night & I didn’t think to measure them 😀
    Did you buy the cheap £250 quid ones ? Rl’S ?

shinsplints

Looks like mine are 140mm too, happy days 😆

kovaldesign
    Free Member

Sorry the conversation goes OT. Looks like the 130mm stated is a mistake. I’m concerned this might be a bit too much for me but as long as the BB won’t be higher than 310-315mm sagged I will be a happy man 🙂

shinsplints

I have an e mail from ragley saying how much fun their bike is at 140mm so I’m not worried, the BB on mine at 120 was low & I did get pedal strikes. Just plugged the rev into mine, looks a hoot ! Pm me & I’ll mail you a phone pic

Clink

Here is shinsplints bike with the new Revs

shinsplints

Thanks Clink
    If anyone is interested it climbs perfectly with the longer fork & descends as you’d expect 🙂

kovaldesign
    Free Member

I have to agree with shinsplints, the bike looks and behaves fantastic with 140mm forks. My frame finally arrived and the assembly took 2 evening. It’s a heavy beast, but is not a racing bike.
    Ragley Big Wig by kovalDESIGN

shinsplints

NICE Koval ! Glad you feel the same about the longer fork. Did a 48k event on mine yesterday with 4200 ft of climbing & the front end didn’t wander once !
    Love mine, dropper post recommended. With the seat slammed it feels like a massive bmx !

z1ppy

Ragley Big Wig. by kovalDESIGN, on Flickr

Good look bike

kovaldesign
    Free Member

z1ppy thank you for the comment and showing my photo (I had no clue how to do so, hence just the www link). shinsplints Your long weekend ride and no complaints proofs the guys at Ragley (wondering if Brant is still involved) did well. This is my 3rd Ragley frame – I have big sentiment to Blue Pig mk1 and mixed feelings about Piglet Ti (I owned the wrong size).

EDIT: shinsplints i’m hesitating from dropper post – credit card says no and putting additional weight on top of this 13.5kg tank seems wrong to me 🙂

shinsplints

Koval – don’t worry about the weight, these bikes need a dropper post ! So much fun with the seat slammed !

kovaldesign
    Free Member

shinsplints i’ll re-consider the dropper post after this summer. for now the project is finished and needs me to ride it hard 🙂

crankrider
    Free Member

Bringing an old thread back to life.

5,8″ rider looking at a Bigwig, i seem to be inbetween small and medium.

I wont use a stem longer than 70mm (60 ideally) and dont want 3 feet of seat-post.

Any of you guys care to comment – Oh, and how do you like the bike?!

Rob1mitch
    Free Member

Kovaldesign what size is you bike? And how tall are you?
    This pic has made me want one!

z1ppy

Apparently these frames are quite new according to the STW news… 😯

br
    Free Member

If the bike is so good, and according to shinsplints (above) it is – why is he already selling it on the classifieds?

z1ppy

is he?
    Maybe it’s suddenly become too mainstream, now it’s actually listed on Ragleys site?

kovaldesign
    Free Member

Rob1mitch, my Wig is 18″, I’m 178cm tall (5’10”). Frame fits me really well (similar geo to my 17″ El Mariachi).

crankrider, at 5’8″ I would consider the 16″ Wig. I have owned the 16″ Blue Pig before, rode it with 70mm stem and the bike felt great.

steel4real
    Free Member

Hey Kovaldesuign – would you help me with something ?

Which Revelations are you running ?

The RL or RCT3 and how are you finding them.
    I have RLT 26″ but am looking at the 29’s on CRC and would be interested in you experiences.
    The RL’s are listed as 130mm, if you got those, is that what they actually were ??

Cheers 🙂

kovaldesign
    Free Member

steel4real, the RVL’s RL from CRC are in fact 140mm, at least in my case. Really happy with them and although I like a top shelf components, sometimes I stick with the basic model.

steel4real
    Free Member

kovaldesign – cheers for that 🙂

kovaldesign
    Free Member

Hello again!
    Seems like the topic is almost dead and no one is interested in riding the Wig since it went on sale on CRC 😉
    Well, I’m still very excited about this bike and recently have upgraded it with Reverb seatpost as some people have suggested. I must say it makes the bike even more versatile and on my last 2-days mountain trip I couldn’t get enough of it.
    Cheers!!!
    Here’s the link to the recently taken photo (I can not work out how to upload the pics into ST forum):
    https://picasaweb.google.com/107396504948877159056/BIKES?authkey=Gv1sRgCIGOm7Kg_JrMvgE#6026035240555787490

Yetiman
    Free Member

Here you go 🙂

I’m loving mine.

kovaldesign
    Free Member

Tasty beast indeed. Is that a short cage Saint and the F34 up front?
    Cheers all!
    PS. Yetiman, thanks for uploading the photo.

evillittlegoat
    Free Member

There was a CRC rider kicking some serious ass at a local enduro on one of these last weekend. I think he won the elite category.

jimfrandisco
    Free Member

Glad to see this thread going again – gives me the opportunity to say ‘me too’
    Picked up one of these frames on the forum here earlier in the year and it’s been great, including 120mile cross country weekend a few weeks ago. Not the fastest for that kind of riding, but perfectly acceptable and makes it a pretty practical all round machine.
    Just need to point it down some decent downhill now.

scandal42
    Free Member

Yetiman

Where was that 2nd photo taken?

Always been interested in the bigwig, lovely looking bike.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘Ragley Bigwig – Yes or No?’ is closed to new replies.