Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)
  • Ragley are back
  • darrenspink
    Free Member

Looking good to: http://ragleybikes.com/
    Did expect a full sus but maybe its best they stick to just hardtails?

chakaping
    Free Member

29er looks alright.

Shame they didn’t do an aluminium version of that.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

‘now that evil are no longer making the sovereign, we thought we would. Three times.’

they look alright really – definite improvement

fd3chris
    Free Member

I think they look good and fresh.

pickle
    Free Member

Liking the Piglet

superstu
    Free Member

Whatever happened to the new Marley that Singletrack reviewed around this time last year? I gave up waiting so went for a 45650b which was a shame as it ticked a lot of boxes.

^they look quite good to be fair although they overlap somewhat IMHO

darrenspink
    Free Member

Whatever happened to the new Marley that Singletrack reviewed around this time last year? I gave up waiting so went for a 45650b which was a shame as it ticked a lot of boxes.

Marley is available, got sick of posting images. Check out their site.

scotroutes

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Their FB news release states the Mmmbop is “the original alloy hardcore hardtail”.

Lets see how many alloy hardcore hardtails that pre-date the Mmmbop we can come up with…

superstu
    Free Member

Ahh, good to see the Marley just a shame it’s 12 months too late!

bikeneil
    Free Member

Big Congratulations to our Ragley Brand manager; Steven Jamison who managed to finish the Redbull Foxhunt in 7th place overall this weekend. Not bad out of 400 riders! Shame he was taken out in the second last corner or he would probably have finished in 5th!

Excuses excuses…

lunge

Their FB news release states the Mmmbop is “the original alloy hardcore hardtail”.

I’ll start that:
    Zaskar
    Azonic DS-1
    Planet-X Jack Flash
    Basebikes Jamie Tomkins
    Edit, The Gimp was steel, my bad.

scotroutes

Also available in Acid Green…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Lets see how many alloy hardcore hardtails that pre-date the Mmmbop we can come up with…

There’s probably something, but I’m struggling.

That sort of bike has always been a british niche, and we’ve always liked them in steel.

And depends where you draw the line, Zaskar was an XC bike built for everyday use, DS1 was a jump bike that if you were <5ft8 could be ridden elsewhere, ditto the jack flash.

Planet-X Armadillo?

nedrapier

Orange Crush? Or Ms Isle?

Whichever filing cabinet job I remember reading about in MBUK years ago.

prawny

Depending on the price (the mobile site isn’t working properly at the mo) that bigwig frame ticks all of my boxes. I’ll be putting pennies aside for one of them using all the parts off my bizango

nedrapier

BOOOOM!!

So much aluminium. So much hardcore.

sillyoldman

SCB Chameleon

Northwind

DaveyBoyWonder – Member

Stiffee, MsIsle, Chameleon, Pha5e, Crush, RC303, RC305?

nedrapier

And I can’t believe that the STW proof-readers have missed the “alloy is any mixture of more than one metal” card? I can’t be the first?

bigjim

29er looks alright.

Shame they didn’t do an aluminium version of that.

I was thinking the same until the 65 head angle, that slack with big wheels makes me think it is going to be a bit of a lumbering beast in the tight stuff.

superfli
    Free Member

Are they going to do a Bluepig in frame only? Its not on the website.

jekkyl

would look cleaner without that brace twixt the top tube and seat tube.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

i had a DS-1 mainly as i couldn’t afford a metalhead (steel i know) . i was beefy. Those ragleys look great! Shame there is no piglet with a dummy sticker

unknown
    Free Member

Mountain Cycle Rumble.

scotroutes

I’ve been looking at 26″ mmmbops on eBay. This might be a better plan

kevin1911

Shame they stuck with the mmmBop name. I had one, loved it, but had to sell it because every time I rode it, or even saw it in the garage, I’d instantly get that ridiculous Hanson song as an earworm for the next day and a half.

andyl
    Free Member

I was looking at Ragley’s site the other day but it was still awaiting updates. Was hoping they would have head tubes compatible with a 1.5″ steerer fork as I have a set of fox 140s sitting here with one and they all are. 🙂

dirtyrider
    Free Member

i had a DS-1 mainly as i couldn’t afford a metalhead (steel i know) . i was beefy. Those ragleys look great! Shame there is no piglet with a dummy sticker

Metalhead was Aluminium

pigyn
    Free Member

I liked their crazy slackness and price so ordered some. Blue Pig demo bike heading to Edinburgh in November, can’t wait.

Wanted the Bigwig as a demo but got out voted..

timmys

Frame prices seems surprisingly close to the likes of Cotic and Stanton – I thought Ragley’s used to be aimed at the more budget conscious?

Whenever I hear of Ragley I think of this which is worth a watch if you’ve not seen it;
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se7QZ0Ykgqc[/video]

Mackem

Look a little like my Chumba HX1 (alu long-travel thing).

scotroutes

pigyn – same dates for mmmbops?

andyl
    Free Member

I just noticed the prices 🙁

I remember when the mmmBops were an absolute steal!

chakaping
    Free Member

I was thinking the same until the 65 head angle, that slack with big wheels makes me think it is going to be a bit of a lumbering beast in the tight stuff.

Thought the geometry seemed quite interesting, just not sure if they’ve gone long enough.

Would like to try one anyway.

Northwind

andyl – Member

I just noticed the prices

I remember when the mmmBops were an absolute steal!

Aye, but do you remember the RRP? These are priced to sell at discount I reckon.

sillyoldman

They’re all pretty short for modern bikes.

chakaping
    Free Member

Yes I was thinking I’d need the large, but couldn’t work out the standover height from the geo chart.

RustyNissanPrairie

they should have just left this brand to die. Flogging a dead horse springs to mind.

It started off well enough with the Mk1 Bluepig which was a great frame, and I liked the ethos/direction of the company. I had a 20″ orange one and my mate an 18″ black one. The only issue was a dodgy slightly over sized seat tube on the 18″ (ala Planet X). The Bagger had promise as well.

Then the brand just turned to shite – quality issues and then garish shite junior school graphics on cheap catalogue crap components. The Mmbop was a overly stiff dead feeling cheap aluminium frame.
    I was almost ashamed to own a Ragley then and ditched it asap for an Evil Sov.
    That was in a far different league to the Ragley stuff both as a frame in itself and also as a brand.

Personally I would have started again with a different brand name and made sure any potential quality/factory issues were well under control, maybe then I’d be interested until I read this….

‘now that evil are no longer making the sovereign, we thought we would. Three times.’

Thankfully Production Privee are making an equivilent so I dont have to buy a Ragley.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Ragley are back’ is closed to new replies.