Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • Raging drivers: repeat offenders
  • Bez

I admire your optimism.

bigyinn
    Free Member

I can imagine that phonecall getting quite angry quite quickly.
    Report him to the police and let them sort it out.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I can imagine that phonecall getting quite angry quite quickly.

Well that would depend on the OP’s approach I guess but worth a try.

gonzy
    Free Member

find out where he lives and then go round and ask him what his problem is
    then hoof him in the slats
    wee in his shoes
    poo on his face
    shag his wife
    and his brother
    film it all with a GoPro and stick it on youtube

larrydavid
    Free Member

find out where he lives and then go round and ask him what his problem is
    then hoof him in the slats
    wee in his shoes
    poo on his face
    shag his wife
    and his brother
    film it all with a GoPro and stick it on youtube

Before, get him round for a fake quote. And afterwards report it all to the police – is that the thread summed up?

binners

I’m losing faith rapidly in this place. Standards really are slipping. Ahem…

bigyinn
    Free Member

Yep, I read that and immediately thought “no bombers”?

gonzy
    Free Member

Before, get him round for a fake quote.

he’ll know where you live then….

joat

Bombers Binners?
    The rest of us had a sweepstake to see who was first. 😆

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Set up a fake “anger management” business page on Facebook with his phone number on it. Then repeatedly call it.

ste_t
    Free Member

Camera. Then at least when you have something serious to take to the police there is no argument.

Saw just the same this morning, a guy in a hilux-type vehicle screaming abuse at a guy on a bike who was infront of him at traffic lights. Though he did give the cyclist plenty of room by swerving into my path as I drove past in the other direction. The same lights that a cyclist was hit and killed a few months back.

philjunior
    Free Member

I had a similar but more aggressive one-off incident, and luckily 2 witnesses volunteered themselves and I got a photo of the guy when he came out of his car and his car (with number plate).

The police are following this up and so far are being very professional about it (my statement was actually taken word for word and everything, poor guy seemed to have quite a sore hand after writing it all down though).

I would report him to the police, if possible see if there are other cyclists that have witnessed the same behaviour. Failing that, if he is working for a company rather than himself, report him to his boss.

If you do decide to contact him to have a word, be very careful what you say, i.e. say nothing that could be misconstrued as a threat.

joolsburger
    Free Member

You can’t win against a van + nutter so I’d just leave earlier and avoid him.

teasel
    Free Member

Gatsby » I ended the conversation with “…and there will be NO repercussions or you will find out what I’m really capable of, do you understand?”

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Nvdh0FMzr0[/video]

8)

aracer
    Free Member

Others have already covered this, but directly relevant to you, when I most recently reported a driver to the local police I didn’t have enough evidence for them to do anything else, but they said they’d keep a record which would be used to contribute to evidence if he was reported again. They also suggested that they would pay a visit if he was local, but he was in West Midlands area and they wouldn’t.

I’m also planning on getting a camera.

simmy
    Free Member

There was an annoying little ***** near me driving round in his Corsa speeding, handbrake turns etc.

I rang the Police after seeing him handbrake turn in the local 24 hour petrol station 😯

Few days later I was passing his house and saw a copper driving his car off. I heard on the grapevine that about 5 other people had call the police about him and he had been issued a section 55 or something.

Of course, you could always note days and times you see him, manner of driving and then ring up under different names or get a mate or two to call the police………not that I’d ever thought of that before……… 😉

billytinkle
    Free Member

Just write nice and clearly on a piece of paper along the lines of ‘don’t be a hunt to cyclists’ and stick it on his windscreen nice and early in the morning. Using expoxy rezin.

NZCol

I’ve got a schoolrunmum who appears to be chronically late and as such likes to try and run me off the road at least sometimes 2-3 times a week. Much to my utter amusement I got home from work the other night and she was sitting in my kitchen having a cup of tea as her little girl goes to the same playgroup as mine. To say she was uber embarassed was an understatement, i was OH so nice to her. She passed me this morning with about 5000m clearance and a cheery wave. Bizarre as she was as late as normal and when i caught her at the lights still on the phone/makeup/arguing with kids/eating breakfast.

pictonroad

is she fit?

Bez

To say she was uber embarassed was an understatement

It’s nearly always like that, isn’t it? And it proves that these people know they’re being monumental arseholes. Take away the tin box and replace it with a human connection and as if by magic it’s obvious to them. Though it rarely has such an effect that they stop being arseholes to everyone else: only to the people who they think might result in some sort of consequences for themselves.

kcal

Guy in local cycling club had posted up about how he was nearly taken out on a back road by some twunt horsing round a blind bend. Had a good ole internet rant about it. Works in a local (nice) bar (might be bar manager). Next time he’s on duty, guy walks up, apologises and admits it was him. As you say, what can/do you do? As above again, he’ll maybe just give Tom a wider berth, or take it easy on that stretch for a bit..

brooess
    Free Member

IMO people that angry have bigger personality/life issues and any attempt to reason with them – Police, you speaking to them or leaving notes, often (though not always) fails – they just blame the Police for ‘taking sides’ or ‘telling them what to do’ – the fact the overreact to you so badly suggests they’re already maladjusted.

my recommendation would be to change your route or timing – move yourself out of the zone of conflict…

larrydavid
    Free Member

Update on this. I’ve reported to the police, and they’ve just been round to take a statement – now they’re going to speak to him. We’ll see what happens next.

And I’ve ordered a camera.

He was at it again this morning – not with me, with another cyclist. Tailgating this time, although I was honoured with an aggressive overtake.

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘Raging drivers: repeat offenders’ is closed to new replies.