Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 83 total)
  • ragged to within an inch of its life
  • Burls72
    Free Member

I guess one mans xc is anothers dh but after 18 months of you riding it, it deserves a medal 😉

singlespeedstu

I'm not surprised your frame's broken with the more balls than skill demonstrated in your vid. 😉

dasnut – I was referring to the pic you posted (apparently on the Nomad) – is that you, or just a random pic?

phoenixfromtheflame
    Free Member

Dasnut, do you not value your testicles? If you did you'd keep your weight more in the centre of the bike. Perhaps a session or two with Jedi might help.

backhander
    Free Member

crag, lapierres the new commencal, apparently, according to the self proclaimed all knowing oracle of mountain biking that is stw

Mate, comparing one manufacturer with numerous documented failures with another manufacturer with numerous documented failures isn't really a big stretch IMHO. You have stated that the bike was ridden as a 140mm bike should be and it only lasted 18 months?
    respect to the testicles BTW. I hope your insurance paid out!

solamanda
    Free Member

I can see this thread backfiring for the OP.

flamejob
    Free Member

Let me clear a few things up here…

-The man can ride – better than most. He went from passenger to rider in very short and intense time.
    -The fact that someone can send it on a DH bike doesn't mean all the warranties on their other bikes are void.

How is the thread going to 'backfire' for the OP? He's already got a new frame.

jedi

🙂

GNARGNAR
    Free Member

phoenix from the flame – Member

MisterGnar, just for you. http://www.chocolatefoot.co.uk/journal/media/BuzzCANfly.wmv

Yep, I'm impressed. Thanks for posting. No way in hell I'd hit that on an xc bike myself, infact I'd probably give it a miss on the big bike if the ladder wasn't there.

I wonder would jedi be comfortable hitting drops like that day in in day out on hummer? Jedi?

samuri
    Free Member

nasty crash there. Did you break your wrist then?

Love the video posters 'dh' there, it looks just like a cock and bollocks, intentionally I presume.

duntmatter
    Free Member

<STWmode> Well, if you were really a rider of sufficient quality to grace these hallowed fora you would never break a frame. You are clearly a fool with no concept of the very important niches which MUST BE RESPECTED. You must study the wisdom of the STW elders, reflect, and address this deviancy. Having fun is SIMPLY NOT ALLOWED. How dare you? You have slighted us, and our children will be raised to hate you and all your fun-loving kind. This will not stand. Dribble, froth, rage, etc…<STWmode>

radoggair
    Free Member

send it to 'Kaesae', he can fix it and paint it for you

ahwiles
    Free Member

samuri – Member

did you break your wrist then?

he broke both his wrists…

dasnut
    Free Member

yes that me in the pic, taken at the same time as the video.
    for those who care, I had built up to the large drop over a few days
    unfortunately it went wrong once, I paid a high price (2 broken wrists)
    probably down to lack of experience rather than lack of skill (slight nose dive shouldn't result in landind with both brakes on)
    but I have a good pic and video to show for it 😛

I have a desire to progress, at times that comes back and bites you.
    The crash was 2 years ago (I got the zesty just after it, in fact I ordered it whilst I had both wrists in casts) and I have ragged that pretty much since (not doing drops as big as that, but caddon bank stylee ones) – rode my nomad for 2 weeks in the alps certainly faster and looser than ever (didn't manage the 2nd river gap at chatel bike park but there is always this yes) hopefully now a better rider with 2 years more experience under my belt

not sure how this thread has back fired on me?

hora
    Free Member

I've wasted 30secs of my life reading this thread.

Whats your point caller? 😐

phoenixfromtheflame
    Free Member

Some may say that the thread has backfired on you because a few shortfalls have been identified with your riding technique. Personally, I'd rather be good than lucky, but it's your call. Perhaps some coaching would be a good idea.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

**** me, 2 years ago the bloke crashes on a drop bigger than most riders on here would have the balls to tackle and you're all queuing up to criticise his technique?

Get over yourselves.

dasnut
    Free Member

few shortfalls

it was a long fall if anything

yeah sorry, original post, Lapierre, zesty, weren't going to warranty it because they thought it had been raced.
    Asked to produce evidence of riding on here, did

I am good, just unlucky 😉

hora
    Free Member

scott_mcavennie2 eh? I don't understand why hes bitching about Lapierre when they actually honoured the warranty. He used it as an excuse to show off. Poor show. Sorry.

dasnut
    Free Member

I haven't bitched once about Lapierre, read the thread.

I am getting the frame back after only a week, so no complaints here

phoenixfromtheflame
    Free Member

To my eye, it looks like you are just riding off stuff, getting your weight back and hoping for the best with no thought for technique on approach to the drop. Any idiot with the right mindset can do that.

Also, if you a wrecking a bike (any bike) doing Cadon Bank sized drops then your technique has to be crap.

dasnut
    Free Member

as I said, read the thread properly. The bike wasn't "wrecked".
    The warranty claim was for a manufacturing fault.

thanks for the expert critique of my technique though, it means a lot 🙂

phoenixfromtheflame
    Free Member

Ragged to within an inch of it's like = wrecked.

Glad to be of service with the technique critique.

Crag
    Free Member

Quite obviously you'll never be able to ride a bike properly until you've got some sort of niche singespeed hardtail to hone your skills on.

jedi

that video is 7-8yrs old.
    i used to ride the hummer at herts shore but it batteres you day in day out

dasnut
    Free Member

still yet to figure out how posting a video of me breaking both wrists is showing off….

anyhow, off to ride me bike, looks lovely and windy

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

Fair play to dasnut. At least this thread has some content…unlike many others round here. As far as i can see he pushes himself, how many on here can say that?
    phoenix from the flame, you seem to critique technique alot…lets see some of your technique?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Good thread. Sound's like you're getting your money's worth out of the Lapierre. Given your riding style, I reckon you should get something a bit tougher – Froggy?

solamanda
    Free Member

phoenix from the flame, you seem to critique technique alot…lets see some of your technique?

To be fair I've seen other people crash that drop. It's hard to explain but the lander is quite short and steep so you have to nose your front wheel in quite abit which makes it tricky.

ShoePolice
    Free Member

what a strange strange thread.

Crag
    Free Member

Solamanda, unless you've broken a frame recently, not too sure why you've posted that rad snap.

At least OP claims to have others reasons for showing off.

stuartanicholson
    Free Member

Solamanda, unless you've broken a frame recently, not too sure why you've posted that rad snap.

At least OP claims to have others reasons for showing off.
    Why not? Lots of others show off with either stationary photos or just bike photos…at least something is happening there :mrgreen:

dasnut
    Free Member

come on everyone, feel the love!

probably about time for a group hug, lets end on a high, its back to work tomorrow 😆

jedi

its all bikes in the end either way!
    🙂

solamanda
    Free Member

not too sure why you've posted that rad snap.

Because it shows the exact same drop and shows me having to really nose the bike into the lander. It helps to explain why dasnut crashed as its alot different doing it in real life rather than from the other end of a keyboard.

backhander
    Free Member

its alot different doing it in real life rather than from the other end of a keyboard.

I quite agree and I am in no way questioning the riders skill (he looks plenty good to me). Rather that the lapierres aren't perhaps as durable as they could be.

sheldona
    Free Member

lapierres are French
    So are Renaults.

Need we carry on?

French Engineering = Pish.

druidh
    Free Member

British Leyland were British.

So are Orange

Need we carry on?

sheldona
    Free Member

Same thing!

druidh
    Free Member

Chevrolets are American

So are Specialized, Santa Cruz, Turner, etc etc etc

Cube are German though….

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 83 total)

The topic ‘ragged to within an inch of its life’ is closed to new replies.