Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Rage Factor pics
  • grumm
    Free Member

**** awesome gig – loved it!!

Gallows

Gogol Bordello

RATM

Gallows

Gogol Bordello

trickydisco
    Free Member

wkd pics grum! glad you enjoyed it. always wanted to see rage. Not bad for a free gig

grumm
    Free Member

Cheers – it was all thanks to you 🙂

I had a great time – enjoyed Gallows and Gogol Bordello (nutters!) more than I thought I would – Roots Manuva less than I thought I would.

Thought Rage were really good though – had heard mixed reports. Sound was good too.

Olly
    Free Member

my sister went too.
    wench
    humph!
    i probably would have stood a better chance if ide bothered to look into it though.

I like 8, who is she? shes hot.

Gogol bordello too!

FeeFoo
    Free Member

Great pics as usual Grum. Talented bastard!

kimbers

sooooo jealous

grumm
    Free Member

Olly – not sure – just er…. random crowd shot 😉

Cheers FeeFoo 😀

kimbers – suck it up 😛

Some more on my flickr – http://www.flickr.com/photos/18244158@N00/sets/72157624223909924/

Got a few vids too but I'm not sure how well they came out.

grumm
    Free Member

Anyone else got any pics?

chiefgrooveguru

None that good! But you can see the back of my head in this video:

Intro & Testify

"I'm sure that's close to where we were standing. Oh yes, that's those tall brothers who were in front of me, aha there I am!"

I have never seen a gig where the mosh pit encompasses that many people – the entire crowd was bouncing!

grumm
    Free Member

Cheers – I've got some vids to sort out at some point

I have never seen a gig where the mosh pit encompasses that many people – the entire crowd was bouncing!

Yeah it was nuts – loved it!

scraprider
    Free Member

nice moody black and white pics , well done. not very jeloues now.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Prodidgy at reading, so good I got a phone call form my mother telling me my brother had been carried out tot he hospital tent and could I go and find him please

DezB
    Free Member

Glad you enjoyed it enough to take loads of photographs to show people you were at the gig. Obviously better than being into the gig atmosphere while it happens.
    😕

Sorry, just a pet HATE of mine. Night night.

grumm
    Free Member

Glad you enjoyed it enough to take loads of photographs to show people you were at the gig. Obviously better than being into the gig atmosphere while it happens.

😆

You miserable fecker – I spent plenty of time jumping up and down with the camera in my pocket – I also enjoy taking photographs.

I'm also still not very well so don't really have the energy to spend several hours solid moshing down at the front.
    😐

DezB
    Free Member

You miserable fecker

Yep!
    I really need to try to get over it cos its ruining my enjoyment of gigs. And it ain't gonna go away!

grumm
    Free Member

You'd have loved this gig then….

😛

BTW the gig was fairly rubbish (Professor Green) and I only went cos I got on the guest list – so is it ok that I spent most of my time taking pics? Please let me know – thanks. 😉

rOcKeTdOg

what camera do you use? i'd be scared of taking my best camera to the sort of gigs i go too

GrahamS

what camera do you use? i'd be scared of taking my best camera to the sort of gigs i go too

+1

Not that I'd be able to take pics as good as those anyway, but I'm still interested to know what gear you take and how you're able to compose and focus accurately when some of the shots look like you're holding it over your head.

grumm
    Free Member

Using my GF1 – mostly with an old USSR made Helios manual focus 58mm f2 lens.

Getting the focus right was pretty hit and miss as you might imagine. The more close up pics are mostly cropped quite a bit so the exact composition wasn't that crucial.

I was a little nervous about the camera especially with drinks flying etc but that's what you have insurance for 🙂

PracticalMatt
    Free Member

Olly,
    I was stood next to her and her group. She'd have eaten you for breakfast mate. Unless you like sitting in town centre swigging a bottle of cider and self harming I don't think she'd have been you bag.

Although she was pretty creativly punk.

Her dress was made of tobacco pouches sticked together and she spent half the gig craddling a lad who had a jacket made of the same stuff. He peaked a bit too early and went from staggering about during gallows to lying on the floor very still for most the evening.

Gig was excellent, I used to take pics at gigs all the time and even got a few in some music magazines, that Gallows crowd shot is a winner.

DezB
    Free Member

so is it ok that I spent most of my time taking pics? Please let me know – thanks

Yes, cos I wasn't there.

I don't understand this thread, so I'm leaving now.

grumm
    Free Member

Bye then 🙂

Cheers Matt – how did you go about getting them in music magazines?

juiced
    Free Member

wow awesome photos.

grumm
    Free Member

Cheers 🙂

PracticalMatt
    Free Member

Grum,

I got a reputation as the guy with the SLR at all the gigs in Notts and sent pics to the websites of the bands and their labels. After a while a few got used as press pics and I started getting speculative mails asking me to take pics and this snowballed to me getting a free trip to ATP a few times.

grumm
    Free Member

Thanks Matt – might give that a go at some point.

_tom_
    Free Member

Very nice pics indeed 🙂 Wish I could afford a new camera, and also wish I could've gone to that gig!

user-removed
    Free Member

Cracking set of documentary pics – hats off. Just been off having a look at GF1s and like the look of them. They look much smaller and neater than my hulking Nikon lumps – almost Leica-like. May be tempted once I've paid off the creddly card…

grumm
    Free Member

Cheers folks – the GF1 is a lovely little camera – for 90% of situations you're going to effectively get just as good results as with a big DSLR imo. Some people can't get over the lack of viewfinder though – there is an add on but it's expensive and not particularly good apparently.

The kit lenses (20mm and 14-45) are really good quality too.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Rage Factor pics’ is closed to new replies.