Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Radon Swoop
  • ehrob

Anyone have anything bad to say about these? With the current discounts they’re getting harder to ignore.

It’d be the 8.0 for me with the Lyrik/Vivid combo.

I’d be keeping my Transition Scout for trail riding, so wouldn’t be lugging it round stuff except for when doing stuff towards the upper end of rad.

How does it handle on tight, steep, UK style downhill tracks? I’d imagine its a beast of a bike in alpine terrain, but maybe less suited to here?

Opinions gratefully received.

chakaping
    Free Member

It’s an awesome bike, very well balanced, nicely finished frame, the Lyrik and Vivid Air work great together. Pedals well, pretty light, the flip chip effectively switches it between enduro and freeride modes.

How does it handle on tight, steep, UK style downhill tracks?

Very nicely indeed. The one thing I’ll say is that the reach is pretty long and you may need to get the hang of threading it between the trees. But you can probably benchmark it against other bikes you’ve ridden with similar reach.

Keeping a short travel bike as well is very sensible IMO.

Dango
    Free Member

Loving mine

Make sure you take out all the bolts, threadlock and torque correctly as they are built by chimps, other than that bloody awesome bikes for the money

I have an 2016 #8 and two of my mates have 2017 builds

dickyhepburn
    Free Member

+1 for Dango, mine came without top shock mount bolt! But quick call and that arrived a day later. Went for the 8 as prefer RS. Love it, fast and surefooted in the Cotswold mud, but also fun and engaging. Have a 29er hardtail so the two cover all bases for me

johnw1984
    Free Member

I looked at the 8 as my next bike. Was planning on buying one around July, but circumstances have changed.

Phenomenal value with a Lyrik etc. Reviews seem great too!

pickle
    Free Member

Awesome bike! I went for the base model 7 as I prefer Shimano XT gearing and I thought for what I do the Yari fork was more than enough.

Took it to BPW the other month and loved every minute, the rear shock blew on mine after 3 months but that’s no fault of Radon and it was swapped out under warranty with a 3 week turn around with no hassles.

Great bikes.

andyrm
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/MOfFZlJ1lL4[/video]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Radon Swoop’ is closed to new replies.