Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Radio (middle aged content)
  • bearnecessities

SW is hardly a “prick”. A bit Mrs Brown Boys maybe:-)

I just flick randomly depending on mood, as probably most do. That lass that does BBC Leeds Breakfast though, gaarghhh.

senorj

“ONE YEAR OUT!”
    Ken Bruce fan club member here. 🙂
    I laugh every time .
    I drive to work most mornings with Vanessa .
    Won’t have a bad word said against her .
    Signed middle aged man.xx

pondo

DJs who are supposedly knowledgeable about music I spot talking opinionated bullocks

The phrase “… which is new to me” tacked onto the end of title/artist makes my teeth itch. Keaveny, I’m talking to you, d’you hear?

sirromj

I just can’t get enough of “you’ve got the love” by “the source feat. candi station”. I’ve only listened to it every day since 1989 but just can’t live without it it’s my favourite.

onlysteel
    Free Member

For years it’s been R4 weekdays, 5 Live weekends. Now I’ve finally got into internet radio my heads exploded with the choice. Romanian hip-hop anyone?

tewit
    Free Member

Like a lot of people I was listening to R1 as a kid but got board with it as I got into 90s dance music. So the only radio I listened to we’re Manchester’s Kiss fm and Stu Allen’s show on Key 103 ( which I could only pick up in the attic, being quite a bit further north from Manchester :-))
    Then it was on to daytime R2 or 5 live.
    Then I discovered R4. And then 6 music after Radcliffe and Maconie moved from their R2 evening show.
    So it’s just R4 and 6 music now. Oh and R1 on Friday evening for some banging tunes.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Radio 2 was great, circa 1997-2010

Mark&lard daytime, Jonathan Ross on a Saturday morning
    The russel brand show was genius.
    And the station featured occasional input from mark lamarr of a 1960’s freak beat style.

I still enjoy listening to Jeremy vine, even though I feel that he’s not spending enough time seeking out new music. The playlist seems more perfunctory than passionate.

Speaking of playlists, why does it take so long for the name of the band/ song to appear as ‘now playing’?

They’ve drawn up the playlist well before the shows have aired, surely they can sync things up better?
    Sloppy!

IHN

Radio 4 for comedy, documentaries and current affairs
    6 Music for, er, music

And, of a Sunday evening when I’m cooking the roast…

Heart 80s. Yeah, bite me 🙂

cheese@4p

It’s jobs for life at the BBC. The likes of Johnnie Walker and Tony Blackburn FFS should have been taken out and shot sacked when they were made obsolete in 1977.

molgrips
    Free Member

I wish 6 music was better. Play a song, then spend 10 minutes interviewing someone from an obscure band about how they made some obscure track, play another song, tell me all about the obscure record label.. oh yah, we’re so into music here.. **** off.. just play the damn stuff and shut up.

wilburt
    Free Member

Why have someone talking between music?

My listening is as below
    Radio 4
    Spotify
    Podcasts
    Audiobooks
    CD/Vinyl

molgrips
    Free Member

Finally got enough data and set the phone up to use streaming in car.

Using Google to play Amazon Music in Android Auto sort of works, but there’s a significant communication barrier between Google and Alexa 🙂

TiRed

Radio 4
    Radio 3
    used to like 6 music, but not enough music.

Linn Jazz is an excellent suggestion too.

If you know nothing about Classical music, then Radio 3 is, believe it or not, very open and accessible – a real education. Classic FM much less so. I’m serious. You won’t learn about music listening to CFM.

Trekster

redmex – Member
    Am i the only one to defend a few of the older djs, Steves show i like as well as Ken,Simon, Jo, Mark, the funk guy from corrie, the seventies coke guy show and lisa
    However the ginger loud guy, vanessa or cluadia should all be stuck in a field with horses
    Almost forgot the c4 jumpsuit one with the strange mouth

+1

Caher

Been working from home lately so have the radio on. Don’t mind Steve Wright at all, not changed since I last heard him about 20 years ago mind, but inoffensive and some good music.
    When at school we won an area “make your own radio programme” and the prize was a visit to the bbc to visit a DJ. We met Steve Wright and he had loads of time for us even taking us to the canteen for some tea.

slackalice
    Free Member

Why is it that all radio stations have a daytime play list of circa 10 to 15 tracks? They’re all as bad as each other.

Depends what I’m doing as to which station I choose. Power tools mean no R4, outside work means I prefer listening to nature than radio presenters who like the sound of their own voice too much and repeated play lists.

If I do ever meet the red top tabloid radio buffoon that is Jeremy Vine, I shall shake him warmly by the throat, until he is cold.

luket

I understand Steve Wright was replaced some time ago with a robot. This is why he’s exactly the same now as he was 30 years ago, and I assume will still be there, still doing the same show, long after we’re all dead.

Jeremy Vine was the reason for my flat out insistence, when my other half was buying us a car 5 years ago, that it have DAB. I guess I’m not the only one, in which case he should be thanked for his contribution to the advancement of digital radio. As above I’ve always thought of him as a sort of human copy of the daily mail.

6 and 4 here.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Whilst we’re still on about Radio 2, it does seem rather 70’s Male dominated presenter wise during the day dunnit ..

Breakfast shouty – male
    Mid morning M&S Slot – male
    Lunchtime Tabloid Gossip monger – male
    Afternoon tartan rug, tea and a shortcake biscuit slot – male
    Early evening “thank god works finished” slot – male
    Tea time “no ones listening except muso’s” – male

It’s only before Shouty Car driver and after Muso hour do any Women feature on the programme slots.

I might write to my MP about that ..

YoKaiser
    Free Member

I’m also passing through the radio 2 zone. Still like Ken and Lisa but I miss Terry.

My new middle aged radio is the local version. West Sound, not uncommon to have The Stranglers, Blondie, Elvis Costello, REM , The Smiths all before breakfast. I really never saw myself listening to West Sound as the memory of it was cringe worthy.

Online its Radio Paradise all the way interspersed with a bit of KEXP.

redmex
    Free Member

Ive got Steve on just now bit like ronseal you know what you get but is he as offensive as so many on this thread think not to me
    Mike read or mike smith noel edmunds simon bates mark goody 10x worse than steve on my ears

Trekster

YoKaiser – Member
    I’m also passing through the radio 2 zone. Still like Ken and Lisa but I miss Terry.

My new middle aged radio is the local version. West Sound

Another D&G radio fanboy…..

Alive radio play some good stuff occasionally but the the chat!!!

Bit of CFM

aP
    Free Member

DAB radios in both car and van are tuned to:
    R4
    R4extra
    R6M
    Planet Rock
    …and then either downloaded music on mine (or her) phones, audio books, or comedy/ comedy radio series. If I can be arsed then very soon another options will be the 700+ albums I’ve spent the last few months ripping into FLAC.

gerti
    Free Member

Radio 4 is on in our kitchen pretty much 24/7

Where else do you gain information on random stuff like the history of sweetcorn or 1950’s trouser fastenings, etc etc. This sort of thing interspersed with news (PM – Eddie Mair fangirl klaxon) and a smattering of pretty decent comedy programming?

Although it will never be quite as brilliant since the death of Steve Hewlett 🙁

Matt24k
    Free Member

For those of you that think Steve Wright hasn’t changed a bit in 30 odd years…..
    THEN

NOWISH

Flaperon

Simon Mayo usually good, as is Craig Charles when Steve Wright is off for liposuction. Jo Whiley from 9pm and usually listen to Mark Radcliffe on Wednesday, or on R6.

Don’t know why Steve Wright is still there. “Love the show!”, FFS. Never come across anyone who needs his ego massaged quite as much as him.

nicko74

I too fear I’m getting old, thinking Radio 2 is quite listenable, at least at certain times of day. Ken’s alright; everything on Friday and Saturday nights is great, and Simon Mayo’s dependable.

Jeremony Vine is just awful though, and the whole shift to shouty Jeremy Kyle type talkshow around midday is appalling.

CountZero

I wish 6 music was better. Play a song, then spend 10 minutes interviewing someone from an obscure band about how they made some obscure track, play another song, tell me all about the obscure record label.. oh yah, we’re so into music here.. **** off.. just play the damn stuff and shut up.

It’s a ******* music station! It’s right there in the name, many of the presenters are ex-musicians, working musicians or music journalists, so yes, they’re all into music, so just what do yo expect?
    If you want music that’s always familiar, listen to R2, or Heart!
    You can always listen to Moyles on Radio X, where it’s all about me me me, the music is entirely incidental to hours of shuttering on about bugger-all.
    Or Radio One…

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘Radio (middle aged content)’ is closed to new replies.