Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Radio 6 (Podcast) Help
  • Rochey
    Free Member

Hi All

Does anyone know if you can “Podcast” Craig Charles shows at all, if so how do you do it.

Mikeypies
    Free Member

oh yes

radiodownloader is the answer 😀

works for all bbc iplayer programs

Rochey
    Free Member

OK, tell me more…..

somafunk

Nope – there is no such thing as a podcast of his shows, there used to be a mac program called Radioshift by Rogue Amoeba that automatically recorded online/strreaming radio shows but they ceased to offer it to the public in late 2011, i still have my copy of it but i bought it bundled alongwith with other music software when it first came out way back in 2007, it still works for me but you cannot purchase it anymore.

You can get other programs to record streaming audio as you listen to it, i use Audio hijack pro for such a thing but it’s mac only – there are others for windows based machines.

Audacity is such a program and is very simple to use, it’s not worth setting the recording format to anything greater than 128kbps as that is the broadcast bit rate. Once recorded then name the file with suitable ID3 tags such as artist, album or what mix, radio show, time & date etc and there you go – you can record whatever radio or 6 music shows you like online.

Mikeypies
    Free Member

All you need

http://www.nerdoftheherd.com/tools/radiodld/

add your fav shows to your favs and they are automatical dowloaded

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Radio 6 (Podcast) Help’ is closed to new replies.