Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Radio 6
  • IanW
    Free Member

I think Im becoming obsessed. Its without doubt worth the licence fee on its own.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

There is no Radio 6.

🙂

Stoner
    Free Member

jarvis cocker last night was ace.

I only wish I had DAB in the car.

nicko74

Yup. Although where I live, Lauren Laverne is on when I get up; she’s a bit weak compared to the rest of the lineup, IMHO.

molgrips
    Free Member

It gets a bit too personality-driven for me at times. Lately I’m listening to NME radio. All music no people. Love it.

Stoner
    Free Member

Sometimes I like the “personality” stuff.

Huey’s film music yesterday was fun, Jarvis cocker is brilliant.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I quite like 6 records…as I believe its called.
    2nd the Laverne thing…..WE WANT HUEY!!!!!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I miss George Lamb.

Shabba.

I’d rather smash my radio up than listen to Lauren Laverne

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

She’s a massive fan of yours too I hear. Jeebus.

zippykona

Its great apart from Sean keavney. Huey ( the coolest man in the world) plays such a great selection of music and Jarvis’ show is the best thing to gloss by.
    Definitely worth £2 a week or whatever the licence fee is.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Keavney’s bloody hilarious. Middle age shout outs. 😀

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

Only recently started listening to it. Brilliant stuff. Jarvis Sunday service, Marc Riley etc are brilliant. Only crud is Josie something on a Saturday morning.

So, I’m being unreasonable for not being able to stand someone who is all over radio and TV darcy? I don’t impose myself on her, so she has no reason to be a fan of me.

She grates on me, ergo I choose to avoid her.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oh Jeebus. Lolz.

Go on then, smash your radio up.

No ta, I’ll just not listen to her instead 😉

Don’t have a DAB anyways

binners

It keeps me sane through the day. That and the sedatives. Shaun Keeveny is great!

Isn’t it illegal not to like Lauren?

Creg

Usually have it on at work, only started listening a few months ago. Enjoy Sundays with Cerys Matthews and then Huey when I’m at work on my own. Saturday nights we always get Craig Charles Funk and Soul show turned up loud which gets a good atmosphere in the kitchen.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Really? With all that money you earn? I’d have thought you’d have a Makita jobbie. Hard to break in case you tuned in to LL by accident. 🙂

scratch
    Free Member

Funk and Soul show!

I still miss cravat Wednesdays.

Never mentioned how much money I earn darcy – only what I used to earn 2 years ago.

ourmaninthenorth

I listen at two times of day: midweek evenings with miserable Marc Riley. Saturday mornings with Cerys Mathews.

Conversely, I think Riley is great

Oxboy
    Free Member

Still liking Radcliffe and Maconie, good stuff.

Stoner
    Free Member

I like riley.

Thingy’s freak zone can be fun too.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

It’s all good to me. So glad it was saved.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

i’m not so sure on huey, after interview with one of the eagles of death metal and with a justification for gun ownership being that you can protect your country from presidents you don’t like.

i really like tom ravenscroft. the mix of music on that show is so great, it’s a shame his ancestry means he may not get judged fairly…

zippykona

Probably the only station that can legitimately have a jingle that says ‘ no other station plays a wider variety of music ‘. Not that they would ever have such a crap jingle.
    Long may they run.

IanW
    Free Member

I found it following Radcliffe and Maconie over from R2. Since discovered Jarvis Cocker still has attitude, Garvey on the tranny and my love for the welsh accent (as spoken by Cerys) is not just because thers trail centres in wales.

Makes working from home even nicer, just gotta sort the car out.

mrblobby
    Free Member

What’s not to like about Lauren Laverme? She’s lovely and brightens up my morning. Cocker is the best thing on there though. Liked Keavney when he did XFM breakfast, gone off him a bit now.

stevious

Massive 6music fan here too. The only thing I can’t really get into on the station is Stuart Maconie’s Freak Zone on Sunday evenings. Not so much the show as the timing of it, as I really can’t be ersed being ‘challenged’ by radio at that time on a Sun.

The best thing on there of course is Adam and Joe.

Duggan

Really enjoy 6Music and don’t ever listen to anything else now, definitely worth the license fee alone.

Not massively keen on Sean Keaveny or whatever he’s called but then I suppose all early morning drive-time DJs are pretty annoying it’s practically a pre-requesite.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The Radio 6 Breakfast show is so not a drive time show (also given that bugger all people have in car DAB)

Simon

I’ve got DAB in the car and 6 Records is the reason why! Love it.

CountZero

Sadly, I can no longer listen to it during the day, and the lack of unlimited data means I can’t even use my phone anymore. A pocket DAB is useless, the steel-walled building blocks the signal. I really love LaLa, but then I loved Kenickie, and I thought Lauren was really funny back then, and 6Records is the only place I ever see or hear her. Maybe because I don’t watch any of the sort of TV she might be on, I guess.

Raindog
    Free Member

Cannot abide Huey, self absorbed brain dead moron with a big mouth IMO. How many weeks does it take to learn how to pronounce Gruf Rhys’s name ffs ?

iain1775
    Free Member

Fluff ghyls?
    Ruf peas?

cheers_drive

I was going to post my opinion but stevious pretty much sums it up:

stevious – Member
    Massive 6music fan here too. The only thing I can’t really get into on the station is Stuart Maconie’s Freak Zone on Sunday evenings. Not so much the show as the timing of it, as I really can’t be ersed being ‘challenged’ by radio at that time on a Sun.

The best thing on there of course is Adam and Joe.[/quote

I change to Absolute 90’s for Sunday eve for a bit on uni indie disco nostalgia.
    Oh and The Craig Charles Funk and Soul show is brilliant on a Saturday evenings. I always crank it up it and dance round the kitchen when I’m on cooking duty.

LoCo
    Free Member

Radoi station of choice at Loco HQ, Lamac is a bit dull though other than Round table on Thursday.

ourmaninthenorth

Oh and The Craig Charles Funk and Soul show is brilliant on a Saturday evenings. I always crank it up it and dance round the kitchen when I’m on cooking duty.

Whereas I struggle with it. I can’t work out if it’s him, the music selections, or the thin veneer of US style delivery that niggles me.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Radio 6’ is closed to new replies.