Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Radio 5 Live now – Debate on making cycling safer
  • dazh

I know I shouldn’t listen to this, but it’s both hilarious and enraging at the same time.

Currently there is a gent from Whitley Bay saying that mass cycling can never work in this country because unlike the Netherlands, it’s too hilly! 🙂

dantsw13

There was actually quite a lot of sense talked. The Chief Cabby calling all cyclists middle class toffs was a proper knob though!!

dazh

I must have missed that. All I heard was the usual victim blaming, talk of cyclists jumping red lights, weaving in and out of traffic etc and the usual bigotry from the representative cabbie. It was the Nicky Campbell show though, so couldn’t expect much more I guess.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    brooess
    Free Member

The Chief Cabby calling all cyclists middle class toffs was a proper knob though!!

The way they set up and presented their 2 RLJ cameras video tells you all you need to know about the taxi drivers’ agenda. The whole exercise was biased, using poor measurement and a totally misleading PR headline. All the proper surveys show more like 15%…

They have to manipulate the situation because if they told the truth, it’d be clear that cyclists are nothing like as bad as they make out.

They’re just scared of change. But they’ve lost the argument, Government have to increase rates of cycling to save us from the health crisis around pollution and obesity, as well as reducing congestion…

Wait and see how they respond to self-driving cars, which will wipe out their whole business…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Radio 5 Live now – Debate on making cycling safer’ is closed to new replies.