• This topic has 13 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Radicalisation and music
  • BillMC

http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/sep/25/radicalisation-kit-links-activism-and-alternative-music-scene-to-extremism

So what music might turn you into a radical activist?

What music would make you a reactionary?

shermer75
    Free Member

Well that’s a bit scary!

torsoinalake
    Free Member

I bet you Karen was into Midnight Oil.

steveoath
    Free Member

I blame radio 1 tbf.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That Paloma Faith warbling on ITV’s rugby coverage has almost driven me to a gun toting rage.

MrsToast
    Free Member

Late 80s/early 90s music makes me totally radical, and also a bit wicked.

IGMC.

stimpy
    Free Member

CFH +1 👿

sas78

CFH is that her doing the vocals on the world in union because that’s a +1 if so, it drives me nuts!.

Awful.

BillMC

Beethoven originally gave the title ‘Ode to Freedom’ expressing his support for republicanism but under pressure he re-named it to ‘Ode to Joy’ (in the 9th symphony). So that bit of music could have been both.
    Police! Police! Arrest that man!

Edukator
    Free Member

Junior is currently into Rage against the Machine and anarchy. He was communist for a day but I reminded him the communists killed his Polish great grandfather and offered to accompany him to the town hall to sign his “émancipation” papers as our house is a non-communist zone.

DezB
    Free Member

Australia really is 20 years behind the UK, isn’t it?!

dazh

For a while in the 80s, a fair amount of stuff happened off the back of anarcho punk bands like Conflict and Crass, and the subculture that surrounded it. The animal liberation, anarchist and anti-fascist movements were closely entwined with the music. Unfortunately I missed out on seeing Conflict in their heyday (too busy listening to metallica in my teens), but Mrs Daz went to a fair few gigs and has stories of lines of riot police and/or BNP/C18 thugs waiting outside gigs for the inevitable post-gig riot.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z7GWUZKXIw[/video]

slowoldman

“Alternative Music Scene”. Alternative to what?

DezB
    Free Member

Alternative to what?

Computer games presumably.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Radicalisation and music’ is closed to new replies.