Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Rack mounting on seatstays
  • dav1d
    Free Member

I’ve got a new Cannondale disc cross bike that I’d like to mount a rack and panniers to. However, the eyelets on the seatstays at the top point down towards the ground (photo below), not outwards as normal. There’s a seatstay bridge in the box of bits that can attach to these so that there’s a mounting point for a mudguard where the seatstay bridge would normally be.

Is there a way to mount a rack on these?

And is there a standard width for the bottom eyelets? Offering up an old rack to that point it seems to be too narrow by about 20-30mm.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

P-clips or seat tube mount would work best.

Most racks well “bend” to the correct width for 120mm-135mm rear ends

coatesy
    Free Member

By their very nature, most rack mountings will require a degree of fettling to fit, so i’m presuming yours hasn’t got bendable flat strip mounts that you could shape to fit your frame’s mounting points, so either P-clips,or a seatclamp with built in mounts like a Post Moderne will probably be your best option. Most racks will require a bit of splaying to fit around the dropouts, but you may find getting clearance around the brake caliper on some non-disc racks makes it a bit excessive.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Rack mounting on seatstays’ is closed to new replies.