Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Racist!
  • druidh
    Free Member

This rather puts the David Jason comment into the shade.

ton

truthfull racist???

saladdodger
    Free Member

FFS

It is more of a crime to be a racist nowadays , than a rapist / kiddie fiddler (new word pedophile), murderer.

Get a life

Ahhhhhhhhhh rant over time to breath again

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ton

i am a racist.
    i just asked my daughter to pass me the menu for the chinky… 😯

ski2484
    Free Member

Everybody is so good at being offended these days, aren’t they. ‘Oh, I’m so oppressed because I’m old/black/gay/disabled/etc etc’. Yawn Yawn

roundwheels
    Free Member

we should fly a aeroplane into there tallest building just to piss them off 😀

racing_ralph
    Free Member

SST
    Free Member

Brazil’s President, while meeting Gordon Brown, has said the global financial crisis was caused by “white people with blue eyes”.

So what colour are the people responsible? I’d bet money on the majority of them being white?

ton

think he is trying to blame it on the germans…
    nowt new there then… 😉

CountZero

He’s only partly right, some of them may have had brown or green eyes, and some may even have been Ginger!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

ton – Member
    i am a racist.
    i just asked my daughter to pass me the menu for the chinky…

Actually, my mum and I use this term, if she comes round, and we fancy getting a Chinese (if I’m being too lazy to cook!). We’ve used it for years. Never really thought about it, to be honest. It was never meant in an abusive or derogatory manner.

I know neither of us would use the word publicly. I spose, if it’s just used in a private setting, between people who mean no malice or prejudice by it, and accept it’s a slang term, that is however unacceptable in a public setting, then there’s no harm. Same as people saying ‘I’m just popping out to the **** shop’.

I think the statement by the Brazillian president is bang out of order. Proper racist.

Duane…
    Free Member

FWIW, Im a chink. And all my mates call me one. I dont call the media when they do…

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Duane, can I ask if you find the word offensive in any way? IE, if anyone other than those you trust were to say it, but in the context of the way Ton or I use it, rather than as a form of abuse?

martyntr
    Free Member

The global financial crisis was caused by…………… Gingers…. well we’ve gotta blame someone…..

ton

and fattys…

Pieface

So there’s no Black or Asian people working in the banks then?

The Brazillian President looks pretty white to me…

What he shold have said was ‘Western Economic Policy’, but I guess I’m just splitting hairs, speaking as a white, ble eyed person who got only a 95% mortgage at 3 times my salary.

Yes, its all my fault.

Sorry

Duane…
    Free Member

Duane, can I ask if you find the word offensive in any way? IE, if anyone other than those you trust were to say it, but in the context of the way Ton or I use it, rather than as a form of abuse?

As you guessed, a lot of it is about mates- obviously they dont mean it as an insult (likewise I call them all white scum/commoners etc- please dont be offended everyone).
    If someone were to call it me on the street, aggressively, dont think Id be offended as such, but wouldnt really appreciate it. Unless I just laughed at them, and thanked them for the compliment.

Depends a lot on the situation I guess.

zaskar
    Free Member

ton – Member

i am a racist.
    i just asked my daughter to pass me the menu for the chinky… [8O]

You call your wife chinky?

Was she an asian bride?

martyntr
    Free Member

fat gingers…

ton

mail order actually………. 😯

takisawa2

I’m ginger, & somewhat rotund.
    And yes, the global financial crisis was caused by me.
    Sorry all.

martyntr
    Free Member

LOL….. It’s all your fault, at last some one to blame it on…. “Get the Brazilian Prime minister on the phone…. we’ve found the culprit…. and he’s not German…”

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Thanks, Duane. I woodunt refer to a Chinese person as a ‘Chink’, the same way I woon’t refer to a Pakistani person as a ‘****’, because I know there might be the possibility of offending someone. It’s about people being comfortable with words.

Yet using the term ‘Chinky’, in the context of food, somehow seems very innocuous, and not at all offensive. Just an abbreviation, I spose. Like ****, but without as much negative connotation. I’ve never really considered it a ‘racist’ term, as I’ve never really encountered it being used in a nasty, hateful way.

But then, I’m not someone who might be affected by the word being used in a negative way. So praps not really qualified to decide if it’s right or wrong.

aracer
    Free Member

He was obviously trying to spare Gordon’s feelings, by not being directly personally insulting to him and saying which single individual he actually thought was to blame.

Coyote
    Free Member

If only people could be nice to each other…

We could use whatever abbreviations or nicknames we wanted to and on-one would take offense because none would be meant!

samuri
    Free Member

he he, the Brazilian economy was so stable before the global downturn as well.

“Cripes, we’re doing really badly at the moment, I’m the man in charge so it’s probably my fault…jeeez, what shall I do? WHIZOOO! The western economy has gone tits up, looks like I got me a scapegoat!!”

“ahem, yes, all the problems that the world, and more importantly, our country, are experiencing are all the fault of all those white people”

/waves vaguely at the rest of the world.

“It’s not my fault in any way and I’m completely blameless”

kelvin

Anyone got a report on the story that isn’t from Sky or any other Mordoch news filter?
    You know, someone who employees proper journalists?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Before we spend too much time patting each other on the back and complaining other people are too ‘sensitive’ we might spend a moment considering that this is much the same language used by bullies who always insist that their victims were ‘asking for it’

Just because people complain about racism and other prejudices doesn’t mean they’re necessarily indulging themselves in victimhood 🙁

molgrips
    Free Member

Hmm. If the West hadn’t made itself rich with capitalism, who’d buy Brazilian exports?

Ridiculous thing to say imo.

thomthumb
    Free Member

gordon brown doesn’t have blue eyes?

he has a brown eye!!

BigDummy
    Free Member

I think this chap has, borrowing gently from Chavez, an idea that there is a form of South American collectivist capitalism which is distinct from US and European capitalism, and, like a well-functioning Marxist command economy, would be a beautiful thing if it was ever allowed to take root. I do not know what he calls it, but I reckon he defines iot by opposition to “white men’s capitalism”, which goes down very, very well with indian and hispanic communities in Brazil.

It is no different to various feminist commentators saying that the crisis would not have happened if banks were run by women, in that it’s a swingeing assault on a straw man by comparing it to the best theoretical outcomes of a largely untested idea, but hey.

And yes, of course it’s racist. If he was right of course it would be well worth being racist about, just as if Ian Smith had been right about the unfitness of black africans for self-determination he would be regarded more favourably… 🙂

thegreatape
    Free Member

gordon brown doesn’t have blue eyes?

he has a brown eye!!

we’ve all got a brown eye

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Racist!’ is closed to new replies.