Viewing 9 posts - 201 through 209 (of 209 total)
  • Racism
  • eyerideit
    Free Member

eyerideit
    Free Member

eyerideit
    Free Member

I’ve read every post on this thread, excuse me for not remembering them all verbatim.

I was just assuming you’d use the word chink as liberally as you do ****, I mean why don’t you, it’s only a word. After all words mean nothing, they’re just descriptive nouns aren’t they?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

****, **** shop are both racist terms – even tho **** shop is used innocently by many – but rather low down the scale of these things – IMO

zimbo
    Free Member

I was just assuming you’d use the word chink as liberally as you do ****

You’re probably not too far off the mark. Most people who refer to “****” shops also get their tea in the “chinky”. I don’t buy that “it’s just a word” argument either, Eye. There are plenty of other words, so I can’t understand why people don’t find a different, better one, and use it.

zimbo
    Free Member

**** shop is used innocently by many

Innocently? Lazily.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Innocently – people simply do not realise that it can be construed as racist

zimbo
    Free Member

people simply do not realise that it can be construed as racist

I doubt that very much. They may not use it with racist intent, but they must be aware that in other contexts it’s a term of vile abuse. Like ernie says, a lot of people would say “**** shop” but would never say just “****”. So they know.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’ve read every post on this thread, excuse me for not remembering them all verbatim.

I was just assuming you’d use the word chink as liberally as you do ****……

Sorry mate, there’s no excuse for that – you’re still not paying a blind bit of notice to what I’m saying, preferring instead to claim that I am saying what you think I should be saying.

I have just responded to your first post by pointing out “I clearly state that the word **** used as a general term is unacceptable as it is almost always intended to be insult”. But you choose to completely ignore that claiming that I use the word “liberally”.

I don’t know why you think making stuff up about me and then demanding an explanation is somehow a worthwhile exercise.

I tell you what, perhaps if we go back to the beginning and start all over again, and go round in full circles a few more times, then we’ll all get to the bottom of this. I don’t think we’ve discussed it enough. So here goes :

zimbo – Member

I know a lot of people who think nothing of using the words “**** shop” and “darky” and see nothing untoward in it.

ernie_lynch – Member

That’s probably because there is no racist intent, and it’s just the way they speak.

Viewing 9 posts - 201 through 209 (of 209 total)

The topic ‘Racism’ is closed to new replies.