Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Racing Ralph’s with Stans
  • Paceman
    Free Member

Do standard Schwalbe EVO Racing Ralphs work ok with Stan’s No Tubes set-up?

Offroading
    Free Member

Yes work fine. Just been using some.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes, like a dream. I’ve got ZTR rims, RRs and Stans with the rim strip and I can pump them up with a track pump in seconds 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Paceman
    Free Member

Fantastic. I plan to use them with Hope Hoops – DT 4.2 Rims.

MidLifeCyclist
    Free Member

I use Evo RRs (non tubeless)with DT 4.2 rims (using the ghetto method)

Startling performance – can be used at fairly low pressures, which due to the nature of the RRs, still makes them quick on road but its when you go off road they just seem to come alive. I don’t use too much sealant though.

richc
    Free Member

Anyone know where you can get RR over here with Snakeskin sidewalls?

molgrips
    Free Member

As for performance.. ooh they are so lovely.. I know so many people on here say upgrading stuff doesn’t make you faster, but going to tubeless RRs over tubed Conti Speedkings made a really big difference (in XC race terms)… made a fat man fly 🙂

onandon
    Free Member

I had the exact opposite to you guys.

I fitted a brand new set of RR’s (non UST) to a set of Crossmax Sl’s, they seated and sealed with Stans but the sidewall fabric would allow the sealant to bleed though.
    Every now and again a larger hole would open up to allow a jet of stand to spurt out until the wheel was shaken to re-seal it.

At the time the temperature was close to freezing to im not sure if this had anything to do with it .

Paceman
    Free Member

Midlifecyclist & Molgrips,

Out of interest, what pressures do you run the RR’s at tubeless?

molgrips
    Free Member

Well I’m still having trouble getting my head round lower pressures, so I tend to go high. 35-40 psi for mine, but then it’s a race bike. I’d probably do better at 30 tbh.

As for sealant bleeding through sidewalls, I had this happen on Conti Speedking supersonics and Kenda Nevegals. The Kendas kept going down overnight but I kept adding sealant (wasn’t a race bike so didn’t mind the weight so much) and now they all hold air brilliantly.

gizzardman
    Free Member

Paceman, remember you need to add i layer of 17mm Velox rim tape to the rims befor you ‘Stan’ them. Not sure if you have the stans kit yet but i’ve got a brand new one with 2 rolls of velox for sale if interested?
    P.S I’m using RR rear and NN front on Stans Arch rims and don’t have any problem with leaking through the sidewalls (touch wood). Couldn’t get them inflated without a compressor though…

njee20
    Free Member

I also use Evo Ralphs tubeless (and Nics, Furious Freds and Black Sharks), and they all work fantastically. I don’t see much point in the Nic anymore frankly, if it’s muddy I’ll use a Mud-X or something, if it’s only wet, a Ralph is fine.

I run mine at 25-30psi for riding and racing.

MidLifeCyclist
    Free Member

I run mine at about 30psi. I have run them higher and sure they feel great on the road but too hard off road.

dobo
    Free Member

i run em 30-35psi, any lower than that and they get a bit squirmy and the walls break down quick. i’m 12-13 stone, i suspect njee20 is lighter than me

Paceman
    Free Member

Cheers guys, how often do you find you need to top up the sealant?

molgrips
    Free Member

Haven’t done so yet. I raced on them last year – a few weeks ago I took the bike out again after they’d sat for six months, and they were soft but I just pumped em up and rode.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Racing Ralph’s with Stans’ is closed to new replies.