Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Racing Ralphs – any good?
  • iRideSpesh
    Free Member

I am looking to purchase a pair of Racing Ralph for my hardtail. I see they come in two versions 2.1 and 2.25. Just was wondering if the 2.25 are too wide for a hardtail? Any feedback much appreciated

iRideSpesh

jfeb
    Free Member

I’ve had 2.25″ on my “normal” hardtail (ie 26″ wheels) and currently have 2.4″ on my rigid 29er. Both have been fine. They are sufficiently fast rolling that you shoudn’t have any issues with a 2.25″ and not so wide as you should have chainstay clearance issues unless you frame is very tight for tyre clearance.

onandon
    Free Member

i use the 2.1’s on my HT , great in almost all conditions other than thick mud.

iamsporticus
    Free Member

I use 2.25s on my HT as well

They are a superb fast rolling tyre

Id say spring/summer

Not great in mud and rubbish in snow
    (They are on my hack bike which was commuted on today)

Do a search for the sidewall issue……

martyntr
    Free Member

I use a 2.4 on the back in the summer, but it’s a bit scketchy for this time of the year. Very much recommended in the summer though.

In respect of your question, a 2.25 will be fine for a HT.

PikeBN14
    Free Member

Completely disagree with iamsporticus with reference to the snow, got them on my rigid 29er and the were spot on in the snow on Monday!! ❓

onandon
    Free Member

iamsporticus ,what sidewall issue ?

dobo
    Free Member

They are a light, fast dry weather tyre, they are not an all round tyre, but thats how i use my rear at the moment, road, race, training, technical off road, snow and mud etc

Used a couple for over a year. Was perfect at SPAM & Recently raced with a 2.1 on the rear at gorrick yatley (prety muddy) and it was not too bad, slip n slide but stayed on my feet.

I can control the rear but defintley cant get on with them on the front, they also corner poorly like the NN imo.
    They also have a fast wear rate and not that durable.
    The non ust also work ok tubeless but dont run them too low psi (like proper ust) or the walls will get destroyed quicker than the tread and be even shiter in corners.
    its a love/hate tyre, all in my very non pro opinion of course

iRideSpesh
    Free Member

Many thanks for the feedback….time to make a decision.

emac65
    Free Member

Good light,fast & predictable rear tyre that I use all year round on my fs,but terrible front tyre that’ll wash out very easily even if it just looks like it might rain.

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

great tyres, run them front and back in the summer. just back later in the year.
    fast and plenty grippy. and a 2.25 will be fine on yer ht

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Racing Ralphs – any good?’ is closed to new replies.