Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Racing Ralphs
  • OrangeOrganic
    Free Member

Got a new anthem 27.5 turning up next week with RR on it. I’ve never used them but keep hearing they pinch flat a lot and so I’m keen to switch them for something I know and trust.

Anyone know of a good place to trade in brand new tyres or even swap them? Don’t want to have to fork out £80 for 2 new tyres really and not sure I’ll get much for them on ebay….

Kryton57

I’ve never pinched flatted a ralph – I’ve used them on FS & HT. They are fast, good tyres unless they are the Performance line, especially for the dry. If you ride in rocky conditions and they are not “Snakeskin” or Double Defence” then beware they have thin sidewalls.

Considering summer is here/coming I’d be tempted to leave those on until November-ish and use them until it gets muddy.

tenfoot

Currently running a racing Ralph on the rear of my XTC. No problems with pinch flats and I’ve been running it since November. I did change the front tyre for a mountain king, but only because I wanted a bit more grip on the front.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DaveRambo

I usually run Ralphs on my bikes, have done for years and only recently got some Nics for the more muddy conditions.

Ridden then in Wales, Cannock and out local trails and never had a problem.

OrangeOrganic
    Free Member

Compelling case to keep ’em on over summer it seems…

skellnonch
    Free Member

what everyone said, did a stage race in SA on them, 900k with no problems on all kinds of terrain… good, fast rolling tyre

Painey
    Free Member

Good tyres but echo the comments about thin sidewalls on the non SS version. I ended up tearing a dirty great gash in the side of mine, and nobody likes one of those!

woody2000

dirty great gash

nobody likes one of those

Speak for yourself sunshine. Fnarr fnarr 🙂

takisawa2

I’ve gone to them as a year round tyre. For a few months it’s a compromise, & I’ve a Nic for the front should I need it, but I’m happy on them.
    2.35″ by the way, & comfy.

Used to swap to Smallblock8’s in summer, but the Ralphs roll almost as well.

tenfoot

Enjoy your bike OO. Giant seems to be a dirty word around here because of their marketing, but the new bikes are great, regardless of wheel size.

DanW
    Free Member

Ralphs are awesome.

If for some reason you find you don’t like them too much just double check they are the EVO TLR version not some cheaper, harder rubber.

Why worry about pinch flats? Tubeless is a no brainer on the Anthem

molgrips
    Free Member

I love RRs but I run them tubeless. Fast as hell.

fearless1993
    Free Member

Got my anthem with RR’S already installed and they are a great tyre, they are that fast I even use them on the road a lot. Looking at them I didin’t think they would last long but mine lasted in or around a year. I also use my MTB for road exercise with them. Finally I had to to replace one of them last week, I got a Rocket Ron on the front and Ralph on the back. Probably the best tyre setup i’ve used as the Ron gives you a lot of grip whilst the ralph gives great speed. I would recommend them just not in the wet!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Racing Ralphs’ is closed to new replies.