Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • racing ralph ust wont seat with compressor?
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

I’ve tried to put a new and unused racing Ralph ust tyre onto a xm819 ust rim using a powerful compressor at a garage…..I get 2 sort of pops that its seated, then it just bangs off over the final bit and tyre comes off? It looks like thetyre has an a mishape on the final bit it tries ti seat? Tyre surely cant be mishapen from new? I have only evrr had to use a conpressor on mud x’s which worked straight away….this just doesn’t wanna seat? any ideas?

wwaswas

try it with a tube and see how it seats?

cynic-al
    Free Member

What he said. Tyre could be faulty.

If you can’t inflate it, then prima faciae, it is.

Clobber
    Free Member

Have you tried any soapy water around the rim first?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Yeah and used some cat bead wax too….it pops a couple of times bu the
    n just spills off over the rim on exactly the same bit of tyre every time, even when I move the tyre to a different place on the rim….the same bit seems to not wanna seat and sort of eggs out then kaboom its off the rim…..

Duff tyre I reckon or how they have been stored

Gutting!

uplink
    Free Member

Seen it before when the bead is broken
    If that’s the case, it’s a bin job

njee20
    Free Member

Send it back, I wouldn’t be chucking a new faulty tyre in the bin.

brassneck

Mine seated on a rim strip with a track pump and no sealant so I’d return it.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

That’s the problem ibought em off a mate who got them off a guy on ebay for 40 quid, they look new defo….i aint really got anywhere to send em back to….

What are the ralph tubeless ready ones like? Cheaper for a pair?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

well it was definitely the tyres 🙁 most most most gutting, both of them will not seat at all….

even with tubes they wont seat, and i remember back when my mate tried to put them on to go coedy brenin, we couldnt do it with a track pump, so just said bung some tubes in and run them with tubes to bed the tyre in….

and low and behold, the tyres wouldnt hold the tubes, they kept banging off in exactly the same way 🙁

i never even thought about that until just now…so sounds like they were dodge from day one 🙁

for comparison, i just put a maxxis ignitor ust on, without any soapy suds, and just a track pump, and you guessed it, went up straight away 🙁

may just sod it and get a crossmark ust for the summer here on the back and run the ignitor up front…and back to bonty mud x again for winter duties

wwaswas

I’d be asking my mate for a refund…

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

yeah gonna mention it 🙁 even if he just gives me 20quid….

is it worth pursuing with schwalbe? what are those guys like? obviously have no receipt though…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘racing ralph ust wont seat with compressor?’ is closed to new replies.