Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Racing Ralph 2.4″ 29er – where from?
  • Farticus

Singlespeed Central in Holland have them, but does anyone do them here?

MrTall
    Free Member

Charlie the Bikemonger lists them as out of stock but he’s a very helpful chap so you could give him a call and see if he can track any down for you? Or let you know when stock will return.

charliedontsurf

Good point, I was thinking about 2.4s whilst crashing through the rocks at SSUK… I dont have any right now, but I am making some calls right now…. lets see where they are.

jfeb
    Free Member

Can’t help with where to get them (I got some off the Classifieds here) but just to say, they are great tyres 🙂

charliedontsurf

Hi, I am told a great big box of Racing ralph 29er 2.4s will be with me tomorrow. mail@charliethebikemonger.com if you need anything.

charliedontsurf

Ok, that was not entirely true. No sooner had I posted that message… the box arrived. Two are going straight on my Niner SIR9, and the rigid fork will be popped back on too (putting the reba away ’til I next go to teh mountains).

Clink

Charlie are these the new ones with the reinforced (snakeskin?) sidewalls?

terrahawk
    Free Member

how many monies do you want for a pair?

I bet they’re about a millionty quid aren’t they. 🙁

charliedontsurf

They aint a super bargin, but they are lovely and £42 each, or if you run the superlight tubes, its only £100 all in… blimey. Free Uk postage.

Tripple compound, evolution carcass… not sure if they are snakeskin walls? Hold on, the inside of teh sidewalls has a snake skin effect that I have not seen on these before. Whats that about then?

I returned the Niner to rigid, add these fat tyres, weighed it using a wii fit and it weighs minus 1 kg, so weighed again, and apparently yes I am actually 1 kg lighter with a Niner on my shoulder.

Was just about to go out with olive the dog for a test ride up to the square & Compass… and it started to drizzle.

terrahawk
    Free Member

£42 each

*splutter!*

underthesun
    Free Member

actionsports.de ??

charliedontsurf

Took olive the dog and the 2.4s for a spin, and they are just great, really very happy with them. Showed them off to the mountainbikers up at the square and compass (oddly there were more cyclists than normal folk, and it was salsa dancing night!). Yep, right nice tyres, same feel as the 2.2s (no surprise there then) with the extra 0.2 making them just thunder along. No problems – great stuff, 60g more, but worth the weight.

Yes £42 does sound expensive, but tyres are a component that really makes a difference, and you can feel the difference with these. We spend hundreds on wheels, and then cut corners on the tyres 😉

bonesetter
    Free Member

I’ve been looking to replace a torn MK, but sorry Charlie CRC are £23.99

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Racing Ralph 2.4″ 29er – where from?’ is closed to new replies.