Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Racing License
  • atlaz
    Free Member

Just checking I have it right but it seems that as a non-British resident who is still British I’m not allowed to race under a British license and have to race under the federation where I live. Is this correct?

If so, how do riders like Froome maintain a British license living in Monaco or South Africa or wherever they live? Is it just because they’re elite level and I’m fat biffer level?

crazy-legs

You buy a licence from the country in which you are normally resident. Your nationality is irrelevant other than you can only ride the National Championships of your country of nationality.

So if you’re British but resident in France, you have to come back to the UK to ride the British National Champs on your French licence.

WorldTour riders are sorted out by their team – their licences are less releavnt since they’re outside the normal rider category system.

ernie

I believe froome is due, nationality, i.e. Holds a british passport. His parents are british and he was schooled in the UK.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

I have a Swedish racing license but with UK nationality. I need to apply to the Swedish cycling federation to get permission to race anywhere outside of Sweden. Not raced UK nats, but have raced the Swedish ones a fair few times.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Racing License’ is closed to new replies.