Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Racing in the Southwest
  • Stupid.is
    Free Member

Well after reading about all fun and frolics people are having racing I have the itch to have another stab at a XC race (purley for a laugh). I have had a dig around Google but found nowt. Can anyone recommend me a good race series in the Southwest? Or do we have a racing drought down here?

Cheers

Russ

ttf
    Free Member

Sothern xc series is ace but more east than west…

trailmonkey

Soggy Bottoms is a great winter series at Newnham. 24/12 is at Newnham again this year I think (?). Other than that, nada.

njee20
    Free Member

There’s an NPS in Newnham too in September, and one in Crow Hill (Ringwood, near Bournemouth) next month, otherwise there’s not much!

sparkywalts
    Free Member

The soggys are awesome fun.

I rode all 3 this year and where a great laugh. Newnham are looking to get more events but obviouly takes alot of effort to organise.

Where abouts are you based Russ?

Stupid.is
    Free Member

Hey sparky,

I am based in Exeter, but willing to travel a bit. It just seems with places like Haldon and Woodbury on our doorstep why the shortage of races?

Russ

jam-bo

shortage of people to organise them….

simonk
    Free Member

Back in the day the Cornwall mtb club used to hold a very good series sadly it is no more 🙁
    Only racing now is the excellent Soggy Bottom races over at Newnham sorted by Martin Salt and the team, tbh it is the best racing i have known on an awesome course regardless of the weather.
    Would love to see a midweek short course series or something there in the summer but it is a lot of work on top of the stuff Inevent already organizes and Newnham pk might be too heavily booked.

SimonK

oomidamon

Sid Valley Cycle Club organise the Mallets Bash, which is on Woodbury Common. It’s an enduro with loops of 30/50/80km and it’s great – I’ve done the last two, well worth looking out for. Bike Shed in Exeter usually has a flyer for it. I’ve heard of an enduro on Exmoor, too – possibly the Exmoor Explorer, but don’t know much about it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Racing in the Southwest’ is closed to new replies.