Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Racing category and entry question
  • OmarLittle
    Free Member

As a 3rd Cat is it possible to enter a E/1/2 race if it is undersubscribed? I was hoping to do another race within the next month to finish off the road season but it seems that the only remaining one i can make that still has entry space is E/1/2. I dont mind if any points i get would be considered null and void (although lets face it there is little chance of getting any points) nor I would i want to take the place of someone who legitimately qualifies however the field at the moment is very sparse so i dont think that will be a problem. Is this ok under BC rules?

crazy-legs

No.
    You’re not insured to be in it.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Bummer, road season over then 🙁 Track season begins!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    njee20
    Free Member

Really? I rode an E/1/2 at Goodwood some years back as a 3rd.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

If you enter it, will the organiser not see you’re a 3rd cat and then get the choice to either accept or reject your entry?

captain-slow
    Free Member

Organiser should not let you enter – that is the whole point of the licensing/category system

TiRed

Not true, you can enter up but not down. If the race is under-subscribed, they’ll be glad of your entrance fee. We had a Cat 4 in our E123 on Saturday, I think it was a baptism of fire!

All entries are at the organisers discretion. So you would be at the bottom of the pile for a big over-subscribed national race. But an enter on the line Regional B or C will be fine.

Last Hillingdon E123 is on Saturday at 3pm, 3/4 is at 1PM. Come on down!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Racing category and entry question’ is closed to new replies.