Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • racing and training on idiet
  • crazybaboon

I’ve been on the idiet which I’ve lost 7 kgs on, but I’m struggling on the bike.

I’m now riding 3 to 6 times a week, for up to 6hrs including chaingangs on Tuesday and Saturday, but since starting the diet I’m really struggling when the pace picks up.
    When riding I’ll have porridge with a bannana and have energy drinks on the bike and maybe a gel, but I’m finding it hard and sometimes getting dropped.
    I’m fine on 90 minute fasted rides, or longer steady rides.
    Any pointers on how to fuel for good performance on the bike yet still wanting to lose weight, or any other help would be great.
    I know this has been done to death, but I couldn’t find any answers regarding hard training whilst on the idiet

crazybaboon

Anyone?

ART

Forum search is your friend … how have you missed this …. http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/riding-on-low-zero-carb-diet read on… 🙂

crazybaboon

I’ve seen that thread, I’m asking about training to race and racing, ie peak performance whilst on the diet, even if it ‘upsets’ the diet a little
    If I’m idiet competely I get dropped when the pace goes up, when eating normally I didn’t

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

When will you have lost enough weight?

trail_rat
    Free Member

if you are training effectively you should not need to idiet

sorry but its not a performance diet its a quick weight loss diet and imo is certainly not a lifestyle

eat healthy , watch portion size like a hawk , keep moving and there is no need to fad diet !

when training hard eat as you need to – if your hungry and you go without of course your going to get left behind. its like trying to run your car on no fuel !

crazybaboon

Another 10kgs will get me to my pre accident weight ( got knocked off last year breaking humereus head)

iDave
    Free Member

the iDave diet is not a racing diet, never was.

iDave
    Free Member

also, you could be getting dropped because you’re 10kg above racing weight, not quite fit enough yet, and not because of your diet.

mogrim

Maybe skip the iDiet on the night before your big rides (as well as the porridge on the day)? At the risk of straying into the blackhole of the Molgripian Heresy, if you do the diet 5 days a week you’ll get most of the advantages, and perhaps avoid running out of fuel on the day…

mogrim

also, you could be getting dropped because you’re 10kg above racing weight, not quite fit enough yet, and not because of your diet.

He did say that when he didn’t follow the diet it wasn’t a problem keeping up, though…

iDave
    Free Member

missed that post, the answer could be to eat normally then.

everyone has different insulin responses and fat burning capacity.

bellerophon
    Free Member

A quick question, is the iDiet a restricted calorie diet? I understood it was more of a change of the types of food you ate…

iDave
    Free Member

no its not restricted calories, those diets make people hungry and ultimately fatter

bellerophon
    Free Member

iDave, I didn’t think it was for the reasons you say, I was wondering if the OP was eating enough?

crazybaboon

I’m having pizza and garlic bread tonight, carb overload, see if it makes a different in performance on the chaingang tomorrow!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘racing and training on idiet’ is closed to new replies.