Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Raciest bike that will take a hamax seat safely
  • fenlander
    Free Member

Hi

As title looking for something that can take a hamax child seat and front paniers on voies vertes but that isn’t too much of a dog for some early morning mamil group rides doing on-road col bagging in France. Drop bars a must. Have an option on a 2nd hand spa steel tourer – any idea if that will work with a hamax?
    Budget 600 quid or so.

Cheers
    Fenlander

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I think they aren’t recommend for carbon frames and won’t fit anything other than a ’round’ tube . Not seatpost

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Nothing racey will take a hamax. You’re pretty much stuck with tourers or fairly substantial cx/gravel bikes.

mtbfix

Worth noting that a racey position on a bike does not equate to a stable position when you add 15kg behind the rear axle.

steve_b77
    Free Member

You also need a fair bit of clearance between the seat tube and the wheel

thebrowndog
    Free Member

I had an Thorn Audax 853 a few years ago that took a Hamax and it had a steel fork that took panniers. Lovely bike. Gave it to my brother when I went all carbon. They come up for sale 2nd hand every now and then. Have a look on Evans Cycles for touring bikes – some nice reasonably light and sporty models on there.

hatter

Maybe this one…oh wait you said RaciEst!

jamj1974

You can fit one on a 58cm 2006 Van Nicholas Euros…

fenlander
    Free Member

Thanks all. Will keep looking for touring frames/bikes…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Raciest bike that will take a hamax seat safely’ is closed to new replies.